Motoring Discussion > Leather restoration - good experience Miscellaneous
Thread Author: XJSguy Replies: 12

Leather restoration - good experience - XJSguy
Just had the drivers seat of my XJS done, good value for money, the fella (Richard Adams) started on 08.30 and finished at 18.45, so attention to detail was faultless

See last two pics in this album

picasaweb.google.com/guygampell/JagXJSCelebration40Manual?authkey=Gv1sRgCP29qPXxj9GLkgE&feat=directlink

If you want yours done, (norfolk and suffolk area) contact Richard at

www.leathercareandrepair.co.uk/locations.php

Wholeheartedly recommend him

Guy
 Leather restoration - good experience - BiggerBadderDave
Couldn't help but notice what a modest home you have Guy. Have you thought about having it stone cladded?
 Leather restoration - good experience - Stuu
I have a customer with outbuildings bigger than that :-)
 Leather restoration - good experience - XJSguy
the back drop is not my home. One part of it is a family members and she has one tiny part of it, there are 16 homes on that site. I just thought it would make a good setting for some photos while visiting there

Leather restoration - good experience - Skoda
It's amazing how well leather can be restored. A guy in the trade who shares his knowledge freely on another site (and plenty of impressive pictures of his work) reckons that if you're starting out with something leather, no matter the condition, it can be restored to better than new.

Amazing transformation.

Of all the cars various folks have owned up to owning past and present on this site, this has to be one of the most impressive. I'd love one of these.
 Leather restoration - good experience - Stuartli
Worth every penny...:-)
 Leather restoration - good experience - Bill Payer
>> It's amazing how well leather can be restored.

I know it can be done, but it's odd that you see lots of firms restoring leather in cars, but few doing it on domestic furniture.

We chucked out a perfectly good (in my view) suite that was a bit worn, but my wife wouldn't discuss even trying to get it refinished. In fact we had a charity shop collect it and they hummed and harred about taking it!
 Leather restoration - good experience - rtj70
And why is Stu now FoR - have I missed something?
 Leather restoration - good experience - bathtub tom
I've just had a 'two steaks and a bottle of plonk for £15' courtesy of wetherspoon's.

Must be an awful lot of cowhide going cheap because of that.
 Leather restoration - good experience - Stuartli
>>I've just had a 'two steaks and a bottle of plonk for £15' courtesy of wetherspoon's.>>

Sheer greed...:-)
 Leather restoration - good experience - Mike Hannon
That's a very nice job, Guy. The outside bolster on the driver's seat squab of the Beast is about in the same condition as yours was before the expert attention. Luckily all the rest of the leather is virtually spotless because it's the V12 'ruched' stuff which is a darn sight more difficult to keep looking nice.
My brother is a pub landlord in Norfolk - he keeps on at us to pay him a visit...
Last edited by: Mike Hannon on Wed 4 May 11 at 10:33
 Leather restoration - good experience - Bigtee
We have a ox blood leather sofa and showing signs of age although it's as comfy as hell for 10 years where can i get the dye from to have a go myself?

Used leather cream in the past which is fine for a few weeks.

Leather restoration - good experience - CGNorwich
furnitureclinic.co.uk/Leather_Dyes_Restoration.php?gclid=CIfy592szqgCFQoZ4QodXlQlgg
Latest Forum Posts