Motoring Discussion > Any drastic VED changes for 01 to 06 regd cars? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: - Replies: 2

Any drastic VED changes for 01 to 06 regd cars? - -
I seem to recall it's this year that the postponed backdated VED changes for high C02 emitting cars regd between 01 and 06 are due to come back into force.

Was anything mentioned budget wise, or is the situation staying as is, where the cut off point is early 06 before draconian VED rates come into play.

It shouldn't matter to me personally, as my old MB is 96 reg, though i wouldn't ever take anything as safe when a country is all but skint.

Skoda's thread re his lovely Beemer prompted the thought.
 Any drastic VED changes for 01 to 06 regd cars? - Dwight Van Driver
www.theaa.com/motoring_advice/car-buyers-guide/cbg_roadtax.html

dvd
 Any drastic VED changes for 01 to 06 regd cars? - -
Thanks DVD, from my understanding of that, the period of 'amnesty' for 01 to 06 reg cars is now ended.

That'll see high banded cars in that registration period take a further price bashing i expect.

Now i've had my '96 Benz LPG converted i daresay i could get a small reduction in VED as it's alternative fuelled, i seem to recall a tenner or so is all, and i understand there's more hoops to jump through than enough, unless someone can put me right and tell me it's a doddle with form XYZ and hey presto refund, kerching?
Latest Forum Posts