Motoring Discussion > Cold but warm and a well driven steed. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: R.P. Replies: 4

Cold but warm and a well driven steed. - R.P.
Trip to the doctor's for my MoT (123 over 80 !) then a cross country dash to swap the VFR (stored elsewhere) for a nearly new BMW 1200RT - The GS kept me warm courtesy of its heated grips as it cantered along at a respectable turn of speed, an undone zip on my jacket was a chilly reminder that spring is not quite here......anyway as I first glimpsed him on a roundabout coming from my right a black 5 series as I unleashed the GS' horses on the dual carriageway I saw the fellow Beeemer pacing me in lane two, momentary concern that it may be an unmarked Police car evaporated as it rocketed past me, I next saw him slowing for some temporary 40s a few miles later - outdragged him at the NSLs and I next saw him pass me at well over a ton a few miles later. To fit our stereotypes neither of indicated lane changes - there was no-one to be bothered, in all the miles I was with him I never saw a brake light, each variation in speed perfectly judged by he driver as he slotted in and out of late morning traffic, excellently and expertly driven a real tonic these days. I don't know if he was toying with me but it added a certain something to a dull day's ride.

PS

RT is a cracking bike and yes, I'm keeping the GS for now !
 Cold but warm and a well driven steed. - Aaron C. Rescue
Great bike, good choice PU.

123/80- thats not bad either!
 Cold but warm and a well driven steed. - MD
Beats mine PU, just. BP that is not BMW.
 Cold but warm and a well driven steed. - Londoner
*ENVY*
 Cold but warm and a well driven steed. - Ted
130/80...wonder what it is on the bike !
Cholesterol 4.2 last week. ready to hit the highway !

Not literally, I hope !

Ted
Latest Forum Posts