Motoring Discussion > Skoda Octavia I - Skoda Octavia estate - SOLD Car Deals
Thread Author: Soupytwist Replies: 13

Skoda Octavia I - Skoda Octavia estate - SOLD - Soupytwist
I have my 52 plate (Jan 03 registration) Octavia 1.9tdi 110 bhp Elegance trim for sale. Price is £1,200

It's done 160,000 miles. It has MOT until December 27th 2011 and tax til end of June 2011.

It has two registered keepers - it was my company car and I bought it at the end of the lease. It has what I consider a full service history - ie stamps in the book, printout from Zenith of everything that was done while they owned it and receipts for everything that's been done since I owned it. All MOT certificates available. It's had two cambelt changes as per schedule, last one done in Jan 2010. Four pretty recent tyres.

Elegance trim includes climate control, 6 CD changer, power steering, electric windows all round, remote central locking, traction control, alloys, full size spare on steel wheel.

Would make an excellent family runabout, van substitute for a tradesman or minicab.

Pictures here - tinyurl.com/2d7leuo

contact details removed as you've now sold it, and moved to motoring discussion to avoid being automatically deleted from the for sale forum
Last edited by: VxFan on Thu 6 Jan 11 at 10:35
 Skoda Octavia I - Skoda Octavia estate for sale - Soupytwist
Sold to the East European gentleman who turned up @ 8am today.

Advertising cars on the internet gives you a glimpse into a whole different world!
 Skoda Octavia I - Skoda Octavia estate for sale - Skoda
Nice machine Soupytwist, looks like it wore its miles well in your care.
Thanks. It's been a really good car although my wife and I added up what we'd spent on it over the four years we've been paying for the maintenance and it was a pretty penny. Still 20,000 miles a year does mean quite a few services ( I had to fund both cambelt changes myself) and tyres. It should see someone OK for another couple of years at least.

I got pretty close to the asking price for it this morning having put it on Gumtree, Pistonheads and here yesterday afternoon and on the road outside the house on New Year's Eve. I had plenty of interest and contact from as far away as Cardiff which might mean I priced it a bit low but I don't have the time or inclination to conduct negotiations with loads of people so I was after a reasonable sum in a short time. I got that.

Someone did email me from the Gumtree ad asking me if there was something wrong with the paintwork. How he could tell that from three small photos which showed the front straight on, the back straight on (with boot open) and the dashboard I don't know!

I've replaced it with a Mazda 6 and did consider a new Superb but getting Skoda to give me one for a test drive proved impossible so they lost a potential sale there.
Last edited by: Soupytwist on Mon 3 Jan 11 at 21:44
 Skoda Octavia I - Skoda Octavia estate for sale - bathtub tom
>>Someone did email me from the Gumtree ad asking me if there was something wrong with the paintwork.

OK. I've looked at the photos and can't see what's wrong.

Now you've flogged it, perhaps you'll let us know?
 Skoda Octavia I - Skoda Octavia estate for sale - Bellboy
when you blow the picture right up there looks to be a scab where the sill meets the door edge rear door

cheap car that
 Skoda Octavia I - Skoda Octavia estate for sale - Fenlander
Re paintwork I'm thinking from the pictures someone could have wondered about the bonnet where it showed cloud reflections or the rear bumper where it wasn't fully washed.

I saw this ad the day you put it up soupytwist and had a few minutes chat with Mrs F to see if we could think of anyone we knew it might suit but sadly not. Absolute bargain for one of these with such a full history. Agree it's best to sell quickly at a fair price rather than holding out.
Fair enough - I did invest the princely sum of £10 in an interior and exterior clean at the local hand car wash so I wasn't too surprised that they missed a bit on the rear bumper. Glad I didn't go for the full valet, it wouldn't have made any difference. The only slight fly in the ointment is that I ordered a new set of mats off Ebay before Christmas as the originals were a bit tired to say the least. However they haven't arrived yet so I'll soon be the proud owner of a set of mats but no car to put them in. They can go back on Ebay with the roof bars that are still in the garage.

webuyanycar.com offered me £970 for it so I was confident that a bit more than that should be achievable and the bloke who bought it was a trader.

As for what was wrong with it, very little is the answer. The rear windscreen wiper was rather temperamental in that it would take a very long time to actually sweep the window once it had been switched on and there's a slight bulge in the spare tyre. There's also a slight scuff on the rear bumper but that's visible in the photos.

The bloke who bought it checked neither, didn't ask and I didn't say.

Had Mr Fenlander expressed an interest I would have declared the faults. And had he bought it on behalf of someone I would have considered presenting a car to him in an acceptable fashion to be an achievement to be proud of!

Skoda Octavia I - Skoda Octavia estate for sale - Iffy
Decent, honest car.

I think a car often reflects its owner.

Were I buying privately in this price range, I'd be looking at the seller almost as much as the car.

A car - or a house - priced fairly will usually sell swiftly.

Skoda Octavia I - Skoda Octavia estate for sale - Bellboy
all my cars reflect the owner
i polish them
;-)
 Skoda Octavia I - Skoda Octavia estate for sale - Iffy
...i polish them...

Recession meant you had to let the 'lad' go?
 Skoda Octavia I - Skoda Octavia estate for sale - rtj70
>> I've replaced it with a Mazda 6

Diesel or petrol? If diesel then I can tell you a few things to watch for - or you might already know oil levels can rise on the diesels with DPF.
It's a 60 plate diesel Sport with the 2.2 litre engine. I have checked the oil a couple of times since I got it in mid December and it seems OK. I do a 64 mile round trip to work every day, mostly dual carriageway / motorway so I would hope to avoid any DPF problems. Any tips are welcome though.
 Skoda Octavia I - Skoda Octavia estate for sale - Jacks
>> Sold to the East European gentleman who turned up @ 8am today.
>>
>> Advertising cars on the internet gives you a glimpse into a whole different world!
>>

At £1200 he didn't buy it.

He stole it.

J
Latest Forum Posts