Motoring Discussion > Live traffic information M25 missing section Miscellaneous
Thread Author: XJSguy Replies: 5

Live traffic information M25 missing section - XJSguy
Several times recently I have had to drive from Gatwick to St Albans, and in such cases once on 25 I can either go West passing H'Row or East over Dartford crossing, there's not a lot in it in terms of distance. I try to check the traffic flow usually with www.www.trafficengland.com but I am finding there is no realtime speed information available from J17 to J20 which is one of the more critical stretches.

I know there are roadworks there, but these are longterm roadworks and there are average speed sensors for purposes of enforcement.

Is there any website known to the forum that will give me realtime journey times from J7 to J21A (clockwise) in one direction, or J7 to J22 in other (anticlockwise) direction, or do they all share same sensors and therfore all have the same information gap
 Live traffic information M25 missing section - Perky Penguin
I've used the site a lot recently and looking at it 2 minutes ago the info you require is at

www.trafficengland.com/motorwayflow.aspx?ct=true#mtf - I hope No it doesn't but that link takes you to a facilty to select a M Way, the junctions and speed/flow between them. They don't share the same sensors - a good one is to download Tom Tom Home (free) and use their traffic flow info
Last edited by: Perky Penguin on Fri 19 Nov 10 at 15:16
 Live traffic information M25 missing section - XJSguy
No it doesn't

as per my original posting, no speed information is available between J16 and J20 and therefore no idea how long the journey will take thru that section

GUY
 Live traffic information M25 missing section - jc2
Coming up the M3 to get to the A12,I listened to the traffic info-kept telling us that the south of the M25 was stationary so I went north-you've guessed-that was stationary as well but they never told us.
You are correct! When I posted originally it was there but it certainly isn't now. Google maps will give an indication of flow and it is very slow. I think the section with no info is where the widening and contra-flow are in force. Perhapas the sensors have been damaged?
Tom Tom traffic is reporting a 103 minute delay and a 28 mile jam between Junctions 10 and 5 as I post
Latest Forum Posts