Motoring Discussion > Honda Legend - Some 2nd hand ones have sold! Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Falkirk Bairn Replies: 5

Honda Legend - Some 2nd hand ones have sold! - Falkirk Bairn
I fancy a Legend, yes I am getting on but a bit of luxury would be nice.

3 months ago the Honda website had 17/18, stayed that way for 10 weeks+ no movement - now only 8/9 left - they were rooted to the forecourt or so I thought. Must be the first frosts and maybe some RW Drivers looking for assurance.

Phone call yesterday from youngest son, looking at A4/A6 Quattro to replace 525D- change of job location - another 7/8 miles mainly country roads. Winter tyres was not a solution.

I could not persuade him to look at a Legend - pipe and slippers was his comment - slippers yes, but no pipe for me, at least.
 Honda Legend - Some 2nd hand ones have sold! - Manatee
>> 3 months ago the Honda website had 17/18, stayed that way for 10 weeks+ no
>> movement - now only 8/9 left - they were rooted to the forecourt or so
>> I thought. Must be the first frosts and maybe some RW Drivers looking for assurance.

More likely that the website is hardy ever updated.
 Honda Legend - Some 2nd hand ones have sold! - helicopter
The Legend is a lovely car Falkirk Bairn . I drive one as a company car when in the Middle East at my Head Office.

The problem is that you can practically see the fuel gauge dropping whenever you press the fast pedal........ not that it matters when fuel is around 11 p a litre but it gets pricey when it is £1.20 a litre.

Why not do what I have done and go for the 2.4 Accord with the EX spec. It really is a nice car with all the bells and whistles and nigh on 200 bhp and 32 mpg on a decent run for not a lot of money.

I picked my current one up at three years old two years ago , full service history 24,000 miles for a smidge under £8 k and had no expense other than annual service / MOT and a set of boots.
Last edited by: retpocileh on Thu 18 Nov 10 at 08:45
 Honda Legend - Some 2nd hand ones have sold! - Bigtee
I fancy a Legend. Yes so do i a chicken Legend with mayo & a milkshake.
 Honda Legend - Some 2nd hand ones have sold! - corax
>> Why not do what I have done and go for the 2.4 Accord with the
>> EX spec. It really is a nice car with all the bells and whistles and
>> nigh on 200 bhp and 32 mpg on a decent run for not a lot
>> of money.

>> I picked my current one up at three years old two years ago , full
>> service history 24,000 miles for a smidge under £8 k and had no expense other
>> than annual service / MOT and a set of boots.

I've noticed the 2.4 Type S Accords are going quite cheap in Autotrader with FSH, presumably down to the mpg and road tax. But anyone who's owned one seems to love them with that engine.

Honda Legend - Some 2nd hand ones have sold! - Falkirk Bairn
The 8 of yesterday is now 5.................

maybe time to buy some new ones Honda UK!
Latest Forum Posts