Motoring Discussion > online scrap yards Accessories and Parts
Thread Author: Netsur Replies: 6

online scrap yards - Netsur
Has anyone ever used an online scrap yard to find a secondhand part? Any recommendations? If I can't polish these scratches out of my headlights I will try to replace them.
 online scrap yards - Bellboy
i use 24/7 the free one mind www.247spares.co.uk/browse/body-panels
quite often i also use ebay too
always done good with one or the other
 online scrap yards - Falkirk Bairn
watch out for "hidden fees" - registration texts arrive costing £1.50, updates £1.50................it soon adds up.

The one I contacted did not know the difference between my requirement and his "stock item" which I think was a figment of imagination. That was a few years ago, may be better now.

Selling virtual parts @ £1.50 every other day x hundreds of punters is easy money and who is going to challenge them / take them to court for a few ££££s
 online scrap yards - FotheringtonTomas
Yes. I used 1stchoice.co.uk. You put in details of what you want, and a name, Post Code, e-mail address, and that's all that's necessary.

1stchoice.co.uk's service is very good. However, you then have to deal with any of over 250 breakers who may reply. Make sure you are aware of any guarantee and terms from these people, including postage for returns.

If your headlights are plastic, you should be able to polish out scratches quite easily, using the wet'n'dry method, and you probably won't even have to take them off the car.
 online scrap yards - ....
Get a price from the maindealer and from the aftermarket Volvo places.

I used the online scrap services a few years ago for one of my cars. I needed a replacement washer bottle and pump. Online scrapyard quoted me £140 with no guarantee, bought brand new from main dealer with twelve month guarantee for £88.
 online scrap yards - Iffy
This thread gives me the chance to tell my daft scrapyard joke.

A rather stupid customer goes to a scrapyard and asks for a door for a Mini.

"We have one and it's £75," says the scrap man.

"They're only £50 at the place up the road," replies the customer. "But they've got none."

"When we have none, ours are only £40," says the scrap man.

"Fine," says the customer. "I'll come back when you're out of stock."

online scrap yards - Glaikit Wee Scunner Snr. {P}
1stchoice.co.uk gets my vote as well.

Got a wheel for an old Corsa B. Tyre fitter at National spotted that there were two slightly different wheel widths for that model and I had the wrong one.

Swapped for the correct one very quickly. And National did not charge me as the tyre had been bought from them.
Latest Forum Posts