Motoring Discussion > Tesla - Useful technology
Thread Author: carmalade Replies: 5

Tesla - Useful technology - carmalade
We had friends over yesterday from Australia, they’ve just done a tour of the West Country, Cornwall, Devon etc . Used a rental Tesla from Heathrow. Somehow or other , they managed to lock the key card inside the car , so now locked out . Called the rental company, who contacted Tesla assistance , and they remotely unlocked the car . Clever.
 Tesla - Useful technology - zippy
>>Cleaver...

The technology can be used to remove features as well which might be annoying:

blog.onlyusedtesla.com/why-tesla-remotely-removing-features-from-used-vehicles-wont-matter-to-private-sellers-and-buyers-c02e21573c65
 Tesla - Useful technology - smokie
I saw a thread on MG5 EV yesterday about something similar. The start made me laugh. It was a cry for help from a bloke, who said however he locked the car, the boot was always unlocked. What he hadn't realised is that the boot unlocks if you try to open it with the key in your pocket.

However the relevant story was one about a bloke who couldn't lock his MG5. Turned out his wife's coat was inside the car with the second key - so as long as there is a key inside the car it seems it can't be locked.
Last edited by: smokie on Wed 16 Oct 24 at 23:35
 Tesla - Useful technology - Bobby
I had the opposite of that.
Drove to the Springsteen concert in Edinburgh. Dropped my wife and disabled aunt round the corner. They walked away and I got back in car and it wouldn’t start as no key detected. Couldn’t find key anywhere and I was now sitting in a highly congested area. Noticed at the boot where I had got aunts zimmer out there was a drain cover and feared I had dropped the key down the drain. Phoned the missus to say I’m in deep doo doo here and she came back and it was just at that point I realised she had her spare key in her bag and I obviously had never had my key in the first place!
 Tesla - Useful technology - Bobby
If it was their own Tesla they would have had their own app to unlock it. Same as many cars have.
But more importantly why would a Tesla lock when the key is inside? That’s poor technology!
 Tesla - Useful technology - bathtub tom
Daughter took her husband in their Mazda and dropped him off at the station. Realised she couldn't turn the car off, called him and he had to get off at the next station, catch the next train back.
Latest Forum Posts