Motoring Discussion > Audi - Fire up The Quattro if you have £600,000 Auctions
Thread Author: VxFan Replies: 2

Audi - Fire up The Quattro if you have £600,000 - VxFan

www.dailystar.co.uk/tv/iconic-life-mars-car-up-33592291
 Audi - Fire up The Quattro if you have £600,000 - zippy
Nice!

One of the kids at college got a brand new one for his 17th birthday (very early 1980s)! It was quite a babe magnet.

His folks owned a health care product manufacturing firm that had just got brought by a large multinational company.

Dad had a Bentley.

Audi - Fire up The Quattro if you have £600,000 - legacylad
Isn’t life full of coincidences..sometimes amazingly so.

Back in the late 80s early 90s I lived and worked around Keighley. At lunch I’d take a breath of air around Church Green and fancied an UrQuattro regularly parked outside a business.
I saw one advertised, probably in a motoring mag, or The Sunday Times, and lo & behold it was the very same car. I bought it. Paid £22k. It was third hand, previously driven by Audi UK MD before finding its way to Keighley. On day 2 I broke the winding handle for the small steel sunroof.

Coincidence 1. I bought it from the Brother in Law of an employee, totally unknown to me. BiL lived up on the edge of Wuthering Heights moors. My wife knew she had married a petrol head and was happy I was happy.
Coincidence 2. Moving on, wife was now an ex wife ( we are still good friends, chat regularly and I recently attended my ex MiL funeral) and I had someone else in my life. Blow me down, she lived 500 yards from where I’d bought G646 JNV…the car that Clarkson drives over the Buttertubs Pass in an episode of TG.

Coincide 3. My best pal drove over the Buttertubs Pass yesterday to attend Muker Show. I was going with him..I’ve contacts in that part of Swaledale, having worked on a large property in Keld, but declined as my road trip is imminent.

To show how long ago my ownership of G646 was, my ex, as a birthday present, contacted the TG producers, who at the time operated out of Pebble Mill ( Birmingham ?) and they forwarded her a VHS tape of the Top Gear film..I’d missed it and it was before the time of catch up and You Tube.

Only 220 horse but went like the wind..5cyl engine and strange digital dash with jacquard trimmed seats. Sold it to a guy from London, can’t remember how much for, but he’d had his two previous Quatttos stolen …caught the train to Keighley and drove it back, having previously had it thoroughly inspected at local Audi main dealer at his expense.

Fond mrmories. I was a lucky boy.

Latest Forum Posts