Motoring Discussion > Nissan Note - In Praise of the Nissan Note
Thread Author: zippy Replies: 3

Nissan Note - In Praise of the Nissan Note - zippy
Ok it's very far from the most desirable car on the road.

I have been a passenger is load of cars, friends, taxis etc. and struggle when in the rear.

To drive, it's simplicity itself, good all round visibility, easy controls, "sure footed".

As a rear passenger, it is excellent. I'm 5'11" and have loads of headroom and legroom unlike many much more expensive larger cars where I either can't get in the back or where my head keeps hitting the roof lining and my knees press against the back of the front seats - there is none of this in the Note.

The slopping roof lines so popular today, do nothing for rear passenger comfort.

Many modern cars really are style over comfort and practicality.

I wish I could still get one for £10k (we paid £9,995 for a 1 day old one in 2016). Goodness knows what a current equivalent would be today.
 Nissan Note - In Praise of the Nissan Note - slowdown avenue
Mines a keeper. 1.6 four pot. Chain driven. Torque converter auto. Rear drum brakes. Great fuel consution on long journey. Smooth. easy to drive. Practical
 Nissan Note - In Praise of the Nissan Note - Ted

We had a 1.6 Auto for some years. Great car, mo problems with it. Swm wmted a change so we traded for a 3 yr old Micra 1.2 Auto. She loves it, ten years old now, car, not wife. Offered to change but a firm no Both ex Motobility.

Garage owner who does our MOTs says hang on to it as there's a premium on small automatics. Seems to be right looking at the sales in EBay,

I might be getting something different soon. Keep guessing, I'll let you know !

Ted
 Nissan Note - In Praise of the Nissan Note - slowdown avenue
just back from a week's holiday in county Durham. cleared the information at start
mileage 906
mpg 50,5
time driving 31.45hours
average speed 29mpg
was reading 59.5 mpg first long leg of motorway,
overall a good family car, maybe just not a tough heavy duty car
Latest Forum Posts