Motoring Discussion > Somerset Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Zero Replies: 4

Somerset - Zero
Now I have been bimbling round Somerset this past week, setting up camp near Brean Beach,for few days, then moving onto a dog show in the middle of the levels, where we can just hear glasto in the distance.

Anyways, I digress, this is motoring. Now I have never toured Somerset, passed by, driven through, popped in and out is all.

This is the county of "pull out in front of you". Any road, any speed, minimal distance in front of you. 6 times in three miles on one journey. Side roads from your left, from your right across on coming traffic, cross roads appear to be some kind of stunt show. I have given up being bemused, and joined them
 Somerset - Dog
>>This is the county of "pull out in front of you". Any road, any speed, minimal distance in front of you. 6 times in three miles on one journey. Side roads from your left, from your right across on coming traffic, cross roads appear to be some kind of stunt show.

They have a fondness for cyder in Somerset I believe.

:-)
 Somerset - Runfer D'Hills
I lived there for a while 30 odd years ago. It was stuck in the ‘50s then but maybe it has got as advanced as the ‘80s by now?
Hot Fuzz was almost a documentary.
;-)
 Somerset - Kevin
Yarp.
 Somerset - Terry
Lived in Taunton for 20 years and only moved to Cotswolds 18 months ago.

Somerset was a place most drove straight through in search of the high life and excitement to be found in Devon and Cornwall.

Daughter, a north London resident, found driving challenging - could not get to grips with the idea that tolerance extended to the roads. "Give way to other cars" - not a chance - stare straight ahead and ignore them. A wave of the hand "you first" was a symptom of early onset dementia!

A delightful place to live 30 years behind the rat race in big cities!!
Last edited by: Terry on Sun 30 Jun 24 at 19:13
Latest Forum Posts