Motoring Discussion > Benefits of Streetview Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bromptonaut Replies: 7

Benefits of Streetview - Bromptonaut
Needed to do something unusual today, a home visit to a client to help sort out evidence for a Housing Benefit claim.

The address we had on file, which presumably he'd provided at first encounter with CA had a road name and postcode ending 9JZ.

I knew the place was isolated and a converted farm building with an address comprising a farm name. A walkthrough on Streetview for the entirety of the named road found no trace. However my own 1:25,000 OS map showed a correspondingly named farm on a different road accessed by turning left at the end of one named. This proved, on further streetviewing, to be the right place.

Upon arrival a farm worker helpfully twigged who I was there to see and sent me to the right door.

Postcode here though ends 9HG.

I've asked the Landlord's agent to clarify!
 Benefits of Streetview - Bobby
In my line of work I use Land Registry maps, OS maps and Google maps.

It often takes swiching to satellite or Streetview on Google to get a full understanding of the subjects concerned. Especially if I need to see anything more than 2 dimensional.

We have booked flights to Dubrovnik and now to decide where we want to book accommodation. So I have been using Streetview a lot trying to check out accommodation.
>> We have booked flights to Dubrovnik and now to decide where we want to book
>> accommodation. So I have been using Streetview a lot trying to check out accommodation.

Likewise. I usually go to it when looking for accom. Didn't show the budding site under our hotel window in Tenerife as the pictures were (mostly) too old but it wasn't a showstopper.
 Benefits of Streetview - smokie
I used it earlier to verify how far the Screwfix was from the planned car charger in Canterbury, where I'll be tomorrow. Google had it as a 5 or 10 minute walk but it looked much shorter if you could cut between the buildings. Turned out from StreetView that the chargers are in a public carpark accessed from one road wand you can walk out of the back of the car park almost straight into Screwfix.

It can certainly handy for finding places in unknown territory.
>> It can certainly handy for finding places in unknown territory.

Unlike Google maps which sent me all around The Wrekin to find a Travelodge in London on Friday night!
 Benefits of Streetview - R.P.
Brilliant resource. Use it for all kinds. One of the funniest exchanges I had on Adviceline was in talking to client in south west Wales. As I rambled on about I Streetviwed their address and I asked the caller "is it the house with the blue door" this threw her off their story for a while but she did laugh out loud when I explained what I'd done. Dead useful in directing people to distant CAB office.
 Benefits of Streetview - Boxsterboy
I use it for work - surveying houses (no, I do still leave the office!).

It's useful to establish if a terraced house has a rear extension not visible from the street (satellite view) or to see when a house was refurbished (using the various dates you can 'look' at Streetview).
 Benefits of Streetview - Dog
>>It's useful to establish if a terraced house has a rear extension not visible from the street (satellite view) or to see when a house was refurbished (using the various dates you can 'look' at Streetview).

Via Street view Pro
Latest Forum Posts