Motoring Discussion > New Bike. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: R.P. Replies: 13

New Bike. - R.P.
Flogging a watch permitted a budget for a new bike. A Honda Tansalp is stashed in the garage awaiting decent weather !
 New Bike. - legacylad
A Honda Tansalp is stashed
>> in the garage awaiting decent weather !
>>
Lovely weather on the C Blanca....driving around the region past 9 days and quite a lot of U.K. bikers around.
And an awful lot of cycling teams and clubs, which is par for the course this time of year.
 New Bike. - bathtub tom
Another one? Dare I ask how many's that now?

Yes, I'm jealous.
 New Bike. - Robin O'Reliant
Henry Cole had one on test recently in ITV4's Motorcycle show.

It looked very much like my type of bike.
 New Bike. - CGNorwich
Am in Lanzarote at the moment and the roads are full of cyclists.The island is a favourite for training for clubs and national teams. Saw a sight I’ve never seen before though yesterday: a one legged cyclist. He was going at quite a speed!
Last edited by: CGNorwich on Mon 4 Mar 24 at 11:25
 New Bike. - Bromptonaut
>> Am in Lanzarote at the moment and the roads are full of cyclists.The island is
>> a favourite for training for clubs and national teams. Saw a sight I’ve never seen
>> before though yesterday: a one legged cyclist. He was going at quite a speed!

You can indeed get up a good speed if you've got good clips - or the clipless thingys.

Be a bad fall though when you have a 'wrong side' clipless topple.

I gave up on using clipless pedals after my clipless screw up ended in a collision with a relative of my daughter's husband and her being thrown off into a bed of nettles. This was ten years ago when the TdF was in Yorkshire.

Went back old fahioned clips/straps.
 New Bike. - VxFan
>> A Honda Tansalp

I initially read that as tankslap.
 New Bike. - Fullchat
A splendid machine.
 New Bike. - R.P.
Just before a long road-trip at the weekend I finally dragged it out ! Needed fuel so a thirty mile round trip to a cheap garage along some brilliant roads, Dyserth, Caerwys, Rhydymwyn (where the UK pioneered atom bomb research - the site is massive and largely intact, well worth a visit) and home another way.

What a fine little bike, so much lighter on the road than the Guzzi and everything is so very Honda, I always considered them to be built like a Swiss watches with beautifully light controls, good sitting position, the weekend run should see first service mileage. Great stuff so far
 New Bike. - Bromptonaut
Going anywhere nice?
 New Bike. - R.P.
Aberystwyth (Long way round) ! :-).....bit of a sighting lap to check the bike out before any potential summer trip.
 New Bike. - Fullchat
I'm quite tempted by the Africa Twin. I don't know if you've seen Richa Vida on You Tube. He rode one down to and around Morocco recently.
 New Bike. - Robin O'Reliant
I envy you, RP. The Transalp would be on my radar were I still biking, as would Triumph's new 400 twin.

Unfortunately my balance has deteriorated with age which puts anything on two wheels out of the question now.
 New Bike. - legacylad
Pfff..I’ll stick with my ‘touring’ Vitara.
Can’t bring back buckets of Albariño y Godello in a few panniers!
Safe riding and enjoy….great adventures lie ahead.
Latest Forum Posts