Motoring Discussion > Top Six Surprisingly Unreliable Cars Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Robin O'Reliant Replies: 7

Top Six Surprisingly Unreliable Cars - Robin O'Reliant
According to this guy from the trade, anyway.

Only one I've had experience of was when Mrs O'Reliant had a Corsa and we had a few of the issues he mentioned.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt7YW1_49SQ
Last edited by: Robin O'Reliant on Mon 6 Nov 23 at 20:38
 Top Six Surprisingly Unreliable Cars - legacylad
Without looking at that, I bet Japanese petrol don’t feature.
 Top Six Surprisingly Unreliable Cars - Robin O'Reliant
No, but nine of the top ten most reliable cars under 5k are petrol Japanese models.
Last edited by: Robin O'Reliant on Mon 6 Nov 23 at 21:09
 Top Six Surprisingly Unreliable Cars - legacylad
Let me guess…Fiat, Alfa, Audi, VW, BMW & Porsche & Peugeot .

With the German marques, I think the vast majority think that because they are somehow associated with ‘German reliability’ and a premium price, they won’t let you down.
That was probably the case decades ago, but is no more. I had an L reg E class estate, and two friends owned MB 190s. Seriously doubt a modern MB can hold a candle to them today in the reliability stakes.
 Top Six Surprisingly Unreliable Cars - Duncan
>> According to this guy from the trade, anyway.
>>

This "guy from the trade" thinks that Land/Range Rovers are the canine genitalia.

So - that makes him......?
 Top Six Surprisingly Unreliable Cars - Boxsterboy
Well quite a few Japanese cars feature - diesel versions of the Mazda 6, Rav-4, and any Quashcow, plus Ford diesels, Vauxhall Corsa and, of course, BMW Mini. But it’s all just his opinion and not statistical
 Top Six Surprisingly Unreliable Cars - Zero
The Mini is not unreliable, it just has a remarkably short mechanical lifespan.
 Top Six Surprisingly Unreliable Cars - Dave_
>> The Mini is not unreliable, it just has a remarkably short mechanical lifespan.

Our local pub landlord has a 56 plate Cooper S on 170,000 miles, it shows "service due in -65000 miles" on startup. He had £1300-worth of engine work done last year but still didn't get it serviced, and it just won't die. This is very much the exception, of course.
Latest Forum Posts