Motoring Discussion > I claim the first ULEZ incursion letter? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: sherlock47 Replies: 13

I claim the first ULEZ incursion letter? - sherlock47
Arrived in the post yesterday for my non compliant vehicle.

I suspect that I have fallen into the false recording trap detailed below. I was aware that my route took me along several roads that are on the edge of the zone, but was careful not to enter.

What did surprise me is that the letter does not identify either the place or time of incursion. Very little info on how to find out.

It did only show as a warning, no fine, but it may have triggered a '2 strikes and then get a fine' algorithm. It would have been good to keep that excuse in the bag.

www.watfordobserver.co.uk/news/23796053.ulez-junction-old-redding-wrongly-charging-motorists/

Anyone else claiming the first spot?

I claim the first ULEZ incursion letter? - zippy
Get few of these letters and go to the cops to claim TFL are harassing you for doing nothing wrong and not entering the zone.

Cops won't do anything of course.

But you could go to a no-win-no-fee solicitors and sue them for harassing you.
 I claim the first ULEZ incursion letter? - CGNorwich
Don’t be silly.
 I claim the first ULEZ incursion letter? - Bromptonaut
>> Get few of these letters and go to the cops to claim TFL are harassing
>> you for doing nothing wrong and not entering the zone.

If TfL were to blizzard one with notices after being told there was a real issue then that might be an option but the bar to succeed would be a high one.

Anything like ULEZ will take time to bed down. That's how it was with the Congestion Charge.

It's also part of the reason that, for now, they're sending warning letters rather than full Charge Notices. TfL's response to the Old Redding junction case mentioned in the OP is professional and apologetic. They've switched the camera off until it's been re-aligned.

The complainant there seemed to have obtained the evidential picture so presumably there's a way.
 I claim the first ULEZ incursion letter? - legacylad
So glad I don’t have ULEZ and congestion charges to worry about. I even had to look up ULEZ.
I thought it was the name of a Star Trek character.
Bad enough looking out for sheep on the road in the Dales, and horses and goats avoiding the sun sheltering in snow tunnels in the Pyrenees.
>> So glad I don’t have ULEZ and congestion charges to worry about. I even had
>> to look up ULEZ.

They're spreading:

www.gov.uk/clean-air-zones

near you....

www.bradford.gov.uk/breathe-better-bradford/breathe-better-bradford/
Last edited by: Bromptonaut on Sun 24 Sep 23 at 20:00
 I claim the first ULEZ incursion letter? - tyrednemotional
... it's all those currys he keeps mentioning that should have him worried about ULEZ....
I may well have a BD24 postcode but I can assure you that Giggleswick is a different universe.
Last time I went to Bradford was 6 years ago to visit a solicitor sorting out my late Aunts estate. Even they’ve since moved to Bingley (BD16).
A cess pit I avoid.
 I claim the first ULEZ incursion letter? - Runfer D'Hills
>>my late Aunts estate…

I read that as “my late Auris estate.”

Couldn’t remember you having one of those!

Nearest was an Audi 80 Sport. B626 ***. Bought third hand off a pal ( who joins me in Spain tomorrow). Great car, 1.8 Gti engine, black, 2 door..was rusting well when I took ownership.
>> I may well have a BD24 postcode but I can assure you that Giggleswick is
>> a different universe.

Born in the West Riding and raised along the A65 I've some appreciation of the geography.

Point was simply that ULEZs are coming to all of us sooner or later.
I know Bromp.
Still find it strange having a BD postcode when I can drive to Morecambe Bay far quicker than driving to even the far outskirts of Bradford.

My Fabia is compliant but the 'lingo is not. Only the latter has the weight/grunt to tow the caravan.

We're regular visitors to the CAMC site at Denham which, while in Bucks, is so near to Hillingdon LB that infringing would be easy. Same if we need to evacuate from the M25, particularly between the M1 and Dartford.
 I claim the first ULEZ incursion letter? - Falkirk Bairn
Glasgow LEZ Zone brought in in July.

Glasgow City Council has 16,000 vehicles - cars, vans, car transporters (parking offender uplifts) & Bin Lorries

7,000 do not meet the LEZ requirements - hiring cars/vans, car transporter lorries etc

The Council were not ready for their own regulations BUT insist that business owners and ordinary punters fall into line. Fines, these keep doubling for repeat offenders - £480 limit on cars, almost £1,000 for commercial vehicles.
Latest Forum Posts