Motoring Discussion > Crit’Air sticker Miscellaneous
Thread Author: CGNorwich Replies: 12

Crit’Air sticker - CGNorwich
Just a reminder that if you intend to visit France and are visiting certain cities you meet a Crit’Air sticker. You need to apply before you go. No sticker = hefty fine.

www.rac.co.uk/drive/news/motoring-news/law-change-for-uk-drivers-in-french-cities/
 Crit’Air sticker - Rudedog
I have one, very easy to get via their website.

Just wondering if I need the German equivalent (green 4) for just skirting around the boards?

Can't find the same type of official website as the French one - eBay has them for about £7 (inc postage) I'm guessing I need to copy much the same as I did for the CA sticker?
 Crit’Air sticker - tyrednemotional
...I think this is where I came in to this forum....

You can obtain the German one at many car dealers in Germany itself, or at TüV stations and equivalent, but if you want one in advance, or to avoid any misunderstanding over the contents of your UK registration documents, then getting one by mail from the Berlin local authority is both cheap and easy.

www.berlin.de/labo/mobilitaet/kfz-zulassung/feinstaubplakette/shop.86595.en.php

(Delivered rapidly by post with Teutonic efficiency)
 Crit’Air sticker - Runfer D'Hills
I have both on the Merc, which would have been great if that was the car we took this summer…
 Crit’Air sticker - R.P.
I was intending to to go to Boulonge this summer. Although it appears I don't need one of these, I applied (lust in case I wandered elesewhere). what a palava
 Crit’Air sticker - Boxsterboy
£7 for the French Crit Air which lasts the life of the vehicle seems more than fair to me. I've got one, just in case we stray or the zones expand.
Where should these be stuck in a RHD car as you only get one chance?

I'm thinking of when I'm parked up and a 'warden' might want them on the pavement side even on a RHD car.

My UK sticker is on the rear lefthand side which I thought best being on the outside when driving on the right.

In reality does it actually matter?
 Crit’Air sticker - Dave_
Mine’s in the lower offside corner for the reason you suggested.
So for a RHD car they should be on the same side as the driver? If I put them (French & German) in bottom right then I'm hoping it doesn't block my view when turning in.

Crit’Air sticker - tyrednemotional
...crit'air and Umweltplakette both in lower o/s portion of windscreen...

(It helps that the motorhome has a big screen ;-) )
Last edited by: tyrednemotional on Fri 11 Aug 23 at 22:17
 Crit’Air sticker - sherlock47
£7 ?

Did you get ripped off by a 'non-value add' site? I am sure that I only paid 3-4£!
 Crit’Air sticker - Duncan
3.70 - can't remember if it's pounds or euros.

"French or foreign motorists can order the sticker online on the website of the Ministry of Ecological and Solidarity Transition (the only official site authorised to issue them, beware of scams! ): certificat-air.gouv.fr (External link)
The cost is 3.70€ plus postage (3,11€ + 1,50€). The estimated delivery time is 5 to 10 days.
Please note that offending vehicles will be fined 68€ for a private car and 135€ for a coach.

More information on the official website of the Crit'Air certificate: www.ecologique-solidaire.gouv.fr/certificats-qualite-lair-critair (External link) (available in English, German, Italian, Spanish)."
 Crit’Air sticker - Boxsterboy
Yes it was €4.61 - don’t know why £7 came to mind.
Instructions say (in French) bottom right hand corner (so off-side to us), and the sticker is very sticky!
Latest Forum Posts