Motoring Discussion > Tesla - End of quarter deals Car Deals
Thread Author: Lygonos Replies: 8

Tesla - End of quarter deals - Lygonos

Already ~10% discounts out there for new Tesla 3/Y.

Mate went to have a look at MY and the sales guy told him they have a fair bit of stock not on the website and are able to give £6-7k off (though that was Long range variants).

I suspect Tesla are going to avoid another RRP drop after the biggie at the start of the year.

www.tesla.com/en_GB/inventory/new/m3
 Tesla - End of quarter deals - Bill Payer
Saw a commnet on another forum that Tesla are offering discounts in Germany - on top of the fact that their pricing is 20% lower than UK already. Confimed that those lower prices do inlcude VAT (19% in Germany).
 Tesla - End of quarter deals - Terry
EVs are currently expensive compared to their ICE equivalents - a mixture of limited supply, increasing demand, battery costs etc.

It will not always be like that - capacity is being built, new models launched, technology advancing, higher volumes create economies of scale. I expect prices to fall generally over the next few years. Astras at £40k are IMHO an aberration.

Perhaps the Tesla strategy is to become the Microsoft (apologies Apple) of the auto world. With increasing competition they are reducing prices to maintain market dominance. They already have the volumes to be very cost efficient and they want to keep it that way.
 Tesla - End of quarter deals - Kevin
Microsoft didn't achieve dominance on the desktop by reducing prices. They did it by ruthless acquisition and destruction of competitors.

And there's no need to apologise to Apple. Their annual turnover is more than twice Microsoft's.
 Tesla - End of quarter deals - Terry
You are quite right - although when I wrote this on a Windows laptop I was reflecting more on the use of ipad/laptop operating systems in the UK.

Over half Apple turnover is phones - Microsoft never succeeded in either phone operating systems or hardware.
 Tesla - End of quarter deals - zippy
>> Saw a commnet on another forum that Tesla are offering discounts in Germany - on
>> top of the fact that their pricing is 20% lower than UK already. Confimed that
>> those lower prices do inlcude VAT (19% in Germany).
>>

Do they get bigger Govt subsidies for going electric in Germany?
 Tesla - End of quarter deals - Fursty Ferret
This is great. My company Tesla Model 3 goes back to Tusker soon and I'm hoping to buy it off them at the end of the lease. It has an astronomical agreed final value on the paperwork so they get the choice of having it back and taking the loss at auction, or flogging to to me for a half-way figure.

Gone wildly over the mileage thanks to train strikes so that won't help either, especially when their excess mileage fee is just 8p/mile.
Last edited by: Fursty Ferret on Wed 7 Jun 23 at 15:06
 Tesla - End of quarter deals - Runfer D'Hills
Am I the only one wondering why a pilot gets a company car? Doesn’t really seem adequate for work purposes on first analysis does it?
;-)
 Tesla - End of quarter deals - Fursty Ferret
It's a "company car" but only to the extent of being a legal tax fiddle via salary sacrifice. Also a 787 doesn't fit under the height barrier at the local Waitrose.
Latest Forum Posts