Motoring Discussion > Audi A4 B8 - Audi Finance Miscellaneous
Thread Author: R.P. Replies: 7

Audi A4 B8 - Audi Finance - R.P.
Part of the "deal" was to take finance on the A4 resulting in a £1500 cash back. The idea is to settle the outstanding sum as soon as the paperwork arrives ! This I did and settles the £36k or so owed. I transferred the money on 9th May and as of today heard nothing from there....anxiety that I'd transcribed the 20 character reference correctly has been at the back of my mind since I transferred it...(I did check a couple of days later and it was correct) An opportunity arose today to phone them found that the money had gone through on 9 May (as expected) but hadn't been "confirmed" - the call-taker "confirmed" the transaction and told me it would take up to 10 working days for me to get written confirmation that Audi no longer had a financial interest in the car....

This seems a little pedestrian to say the least !

(£36k is a lot of money to me)
Last edited by: R.P. on Fri 19 May 23 at 20:00
 Audi A4 B8 - Audi Finance - Paul Robinson
Do you not think that the lack of attention to this could be because they didn't really want you to settle the agreement?

Audi A4 B8 - Audi Finance - sooty123
I doubt they'll rush, the sales bod will have lost their bonus since you'd didn't go through with finance. I'm sure it'll all be fine.
 Audi A4 B8 - Audi Finance - zippy
Did the same with my Hyundai. Purchased the car in 2021 with a huge discount as long as Hyundai finance was taken out. (It's the previous generation model - and cost less than same spec 1 to 2 year old models).

I was a bit concerned that the discount would be reversed if I cleared the balance, but a quick call to HF confirmed that it would not be. I got a settlement figure from them for the loan amount plus a few days interest whilst I waited for funds to clear from another source.

By the time the funds had cleared I had passed the cooling off period by 1 day. This was in lock down and I was clearly on the phone to an inexperienced but very polite staff member working from home who transferred me to a supervisor and saw that I had called a few days earlier to discuss a settlement and allowed it. He took the payment by card and I got a letter from them confirming the cleared balance a few days later.
 Audi A4 B8 - Audi Finance - CGNorwich
When I bought mine sales guy asked whether I intended to cancel the finance. When I replied yes he kindly went through the procedure with me. Not the least bit troubled. Saved me £2,500. VW Finance were very efficient and clearly this is a normal procedure for which they are geared up.

The right to cancel is a piece fo EU legislation which I understand is on of those laws that the Tories are currently clamouring to scrap.
 Audi A4 B8 - Audi Finance - R.P.
To be fair the sales guy at the Audi dealership were the same.
 Audi A4 B8 - Audi Finance - Clk Sec
I think it was frowned upon by the gent with a hat.
 Audi A4 B8 - Audi Finance - Falkirk Bairn
All the Finance Companies have to allow cancellation in the first 2 weeks -
the legal "cooling off period" in all UK Credit Agreements

Finance companies do not like it and the Garage HQ loses the finance commission but a "sale is a sale" for the salesman & the outlet.
Latest Forum Posts