Motoring Discussion > Citroen Berlingo Multispace II - Isofix Seats Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bromptonaut Replies: 4

Citroen Berlingo Multispace II - Isofix Seats - Bromptonaut
Off up to the Western Isles in three weeks with Daughter/Husband and 18mo grandson. We're both taking and travelling to the ferry in our own cars. Their Octavia and one of ours either Berlingo or my Fabia Estate. A second car seat, Joie i-spin 360, will be carried so that we can do things together or leave one car at either end of a walk etx.

The i-spin seat is an isofix mounting job but has a support leg that rests on the rear floor of the car. The Berlingo has stowage cubbies under the rear floor in front of the outer seats, the ones with the Isofix catches behind the cushions. I'm finding conflicting advice as to suitability of that set up with the support leg. Obviously the plastic covers for the cubbies are not sufficiently robust to provide proper support.

The Joie instructions have a caution about this and say 'consult Citroen'. Not tried that yet but previous experience is that Cit UK will tell me to consult a dealer.

I'll make those calls on Monday but does anyone else have any experience/advice?
 Citroen Berlingo Multispace II - Isofix Seats - martin aston
I expect you are aware of this but just in case….the Berlingo forum has a thread on broken lids which mentions in passing that you can manoeuvre the boxes themselves out of the footwells. I have no idea if this is true and whether what lies beneath is then suitable to take the leg.

On a wider front Isofix seats are not universal. My daughter has one that fitted their previous tiny Chevrolet Spark and current Vitara and my Golf. However it won’t fit the Mazda 3 as the leg fouls on the floor pan structural cross “beam”.
 Citroen Berlingo Multispace II - Isofix Seats - henry k
>>On a wider front Isofix seats are not universal.
Sons Audi Q5 has Isofix but my Xtype Jaguar does not have them as standard.
The Isofix on the Q5 was not available on the rear middle set. The large transmission tunnel would have needed a shorter leg on the seat base of the baby carrier.

I researched things and found that Jaguar Isofix brackets were available.
Instead of the leg system there is a teather system. A strap from the top of the baby carrier to the fixed rear parcel shelf ( if you have one ).
I neat little unit is bolted to the parcel shelf for the strap anchor.
Obviously this only applies if it is your own car.
 Citroen Berlingo Multispace II - Isofix Seats - Bromptonaut
>> Instead of the leg system there is a teather system. A strap from the top
>> of the baby carrier to the fixed rear parcel shelf

That's what they call a top tether. The Skoda has a fixing for one and the 'lingo's handbook mentions it. Daughter says that the model they have isn't compatible with a top tether as it would stop the 360 degree rotation that's its USP.

Further exploration has disclosed the fact that the whole of the rear floor sits on a thick wodge of heavy duty plastic sound insulation foam.
 Citroen Berlingo Multispace II - Isofix Seats - Manatee
Can you make or use something as a 'load spreader' to sit on the plastic lid? Or open the pid and put the leg in the box?
Latest Forum Posts