Motoring Discussion > Audi A4 B8 Avant (2008 - - Back from Grimsby. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: R.P. Replies: 5

Audi A4 B8 Avant (2008 - - Back from Grimsby. - R.P.
Picked the car up at 9.00am this morning, took an hour to trawl through various bits of paper including a finance agreement (part of Drive the Deal's discount). Car was immaculately presented and there was a brief hand over, including the all important App !

Drove home via the M180, M62, M56 and A55, car performed well (apart from a tyre pressure warning - which I hope was fake news - a visual check and reset and it was fine for the last 100 miles.

Fair play, included in the price was a 50 litre fill of petrol which got me home. A 200 mile trip is more than enough for an initial impression. Build quality far better than Volvo's effort, feels properly screwed together and the cabin quality (not as "cool" as the V60's nor the XC40's) is a quality item The "MMI" is the most complex and is reliant on being connected to a smart-phone. Sound quality is great and the genuinely wire free Apple Car Play interface is superb. Connectivity is not straightforward and took quite a few minutes to sort out.

Gave it a run on local roads when I got home and it feels great on some of the lovely bends. Potholes seem to be dealt with.

I opted for Nappa leather seats, they are just fabulous.

All the driver interfaces work well. Proper rotary knobs control the front climate system. The rear has its own system.

So far so very good.
 Audi A4 B8 Avant (2008 - - Back from Grimsby. - Rudedog
Wow what a coincidence at first I thought you were the same person as a forum member over on the GolfGTi site I visit, but they've just picked up a black S3 from Grimsby and had a long train journey to get there from Newcastle.

Audi A4 B8 Avant (2008 - - Back from Grimsby. - legacylad
Hope you have lots of trouble free miles and enjoyable motoring.

Can you précis the spec please...petrol or diesel, engine size, manual or auto ?
A4 Avant, Mythos Black - 2.0 TFSI 204 - level 40 trim Black Edition, ticked some option boxes - Nappa Leather, Quattro sports wheels, City Driver Assistance (self parking etc) - it's nice.
 Audi A4 B8 Avant (2008 - - Back from Grimsby. - Runfer D'Hills
But does the dog like it?
;-)
I've not introduced him yet...
Latest Forum Posts