Motoring Discussion > Dilemma Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bobby Replies: 6

Dilemma - Bobby
B-I-L was proudly showing me his new car today.
A VX Grandland 69 plate. Had been talking about getting a Sportage but he said he couldn’t afford it but this car was a Cat S, guy said it was only bumper damage but so many cars coming through like this just now due to parts shortages etc.

My suspicion attenae was raised and a quick flick through a Facebook page I follow and there it was there. More than just bumper damage but just looks like lots of easily changeable panel damage. But the car has also lost 40k miles.

Do I tell him and ruin his happiness of getting a “decent” Car that he can afford. Or stay quiet and hope nothing goes wrong?
 Dilemma - Zero
You can score bonus points when it fails the MOT. "I knew it was bad, but you looked so happy with it I didn't want to ruin your day"

TBH anyone who buys a grandland isn't exactly expecting much.
 Dilemma - Falkirk Bairn
>>Do I tell him and ruin his happiness of getting a “decent” Car that he can afford. Or stay quiet and hope nothing goes wrong?

You are duty bound to tell him - the damage may have been limited BUT 40K miles off the clock is fraud.
 Dilemma - Terry
It's only worth telling him if there is something he can do about it - eg: return and get a refund for a mis-described vehicle, or sell it (probably at a loss as he will be obliged to ensure it is properly described)

Otherwise there is no point in upsetting him.
 Dilemma - Fullchat
Agree with Terry.
 Dilemma - Kevin
Has it been MOT'd? What's the mileage on that?
Last edited by: Kevin on Sun 16 Apr 23 at 19:15
 Dilemma - Bobby
Yip.
Is only 3 years old so first MOT has the reduced mileage.
Latest Forum Posts