Motoring Discussion > Yodel. Their delivery requirements for my parcel. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: henry k Replies: 7

Yodel. Their delivery requirements for my parcel. - henry k
I am expecting a delivery today and i followed the link from my order to Yodel re delivery details.
The first tracking page states "This parcel will require a a photo in your open door"

I am in all day so can manage this requirement but it might be worth others checking Yodels
procedures if you are due a parcel.

I have never had to smarten up for a parcel delivery photo :-)
The item is a car battery ,cost £100+.

Is this a new trend and is it triggered by value or ?
I have had a delivery from the same supplier before but do not recall the need for such photo.
 Yodel. Their delivery requirements for my parcel. - Bromptonaut
I've had my photo taken occasionally in this way. AIUI it's driven by the sender rather than the courier company.
 Yodel. Their delivery requirements for my parcel. - sooty123
Happens quite a bit, they just take a picture of the doorway/floor with parcel in it. They're not taking a picture of you.
Last edited by: sooty123 on Tue 7 Feb 23 at 10:10
 Yodel. Their delivery requirements for my parcel. - Bromptonaut
>> Happens quite a bit, they just take a picture of the doorway/floor with parcel in
>> it. They're not taking a picture of you.

In some cases they are. As Henry's OP states, some actually want the recipient's face in the image. Apart from any direct risk to them it avoids the regular "anyone know who these feet and doorway belong too?" that appear on local SM.
 Yodel. Their delivery requirements for my parcel. - Zero
It's their current procedure for 2hich they charge extra
Last edited by: Zero on Tue 7 Feb 23 at 11:59
 Yodel. Their delivery requirements for my parcel. - sooty123
Fair enough not seen that yet.
 Yodel. Their delivery requirements for my parcel. - wotspur
I did undated
Yes working for `yodel . The warehouse was 16 miles from home , first two days I was given 40 parcels , which at 92p a parcel ,after travel costs , 38-15 petrol ,and despite a mobile programme , it took 5 hrs to do , so under £5 an hour . Later when I got up to 70 parcels , it was slightly better ,but few if any can deliver more than 10 parcels an hour , unless you have 150 parcels and 10 in each of 15 roads ….that never happened /
Yes we had to take photos but not of the person .
I hope you received your parcel ok
 Yodel. Their delivery requirements for my parcel. - Shiny
I get parcels every day of various values and via various couriers. Around 50% take a photo of the doormat/feet with the parcel in shot without saying so, I only know this because the online proof of delivery contains a small shot of this. It is a camera on the end of the handheld device or a mobile phone. Taking a photo of your face or other identifiable characteristics in your house (where there is a reasonable assumption of privacy) would require quite express permission and they would have to inform you verbally before they take it too.
Latest Forum Posts