Motoring Discussion > New electric off-roader Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bobby Replies: 8

New electric off-roader - Bobby
New “Munro “ To be built in Scotland.

Can’t see it being a hit with the Chelsea schoolrun but they don’t see that as their market.

www.pistonheads.com/news/electric-vehicles/all-new-munro-mk-1-set-to-electrify-off-roading/46566
 New electric off-roader - Boxsterboy
If it is a hit on the Chelsea school-run, there won't be much left of the pedestrian it hits!
 New electric off-roader - sooty123
Looks a bit like a LR LWB parts bin job.
 New electric off-roader - BiggerBadderDave
Styled by Butter 'n' Hot Knife Ltd. and their infamous mantra, 'That'll do, I suppose".

I wouldn't mind one, though.
 New electric off-roader - Terry
I like it. Reminds me of Land Rover S1,2,3 which were fit for purpose (tracks, farms, lockable diffs, basic etc). Real contrast with current Defender which starts at £60k +++ and is clearly for those for whom image rules functionality.

Prime material for the Chelsea brigade though, whose principal challenge is climbing a 5" kerb to drop Sebastian off at the playgroup. ~300bhp is essential in West London!
 New electric off-roader - Manatee
Why does it need all that power? No more than half that and appropriate gears would do it.
Last edited by: Manatee on Tue 6 Dec 22 at 18:53
 New electric off-roader - CGNorwich
>> Why does it need all that power? No more than half that and appropriate gears
>> would do it.
>>

Electric motors are inherently more powerful than ICE and that battery will be very heavy. Don't need gears though
 New electric off-roader - Kevin
Because once you're moving in the loose or muddy stuff changing gear loses momentum and stresses the drivetrain.
 New electric off-roader - Clk Sec
No problem getting a space in the Waitrose car park with one of those.
Latest Forum Posts