Motoring Discussion > Motorway Car Deals
Thread Author: R.P. Replies: 9

Motorway - R.P.
The XC40 has gone. Very easy process, driver arrived to collect it tonight, a thorough check of the car undertaken and signed off. Money transferred straight away into bank account. Took around thirty minutes.

The agreed price was higher than WBC by over £2k and around £1.5k more than the dealer offered.

I look after my cars and have no quibble with the way this was undertaken.
 Motorway - MD
What's next then dear boy....................
 Motorway - R.P.
Ask Humph....!

Audi A4 Avant on order.
 Motorway - MD
To chip or not to chip. That is the question................
 Motorway - R.P.
200 and a bit BHP is "sufficient" my boy racer days are behind me ! ;-)
 Motorway - MD
No boy racer stuff required. My guy just made the van much more driveable. It is a delight compared to how it left the factory. I never wanted it to be strained, just a bit more flexible.
 Motorway - Bobby
Is it Diesel or Petrol?
 Motorway - legacylad
Did you sell it for more than you paid ?

Bought my Focus Active Estate, fully specced with every conceivable extra, from a dealer somewhere in the Midlands, for £19,600.

Sold it after 15 months ( ish) to Arnold Clarke Vauxhall in Kendal for £19,590. They market it up £2.4k and sold it within days
 Motorway - Bobby
I would have held off for that extra £10!!!
 Motorway - legacylad
Dealer where I bought my Yaris from offered me £18k.
The lowest online buyer offer was £17k, but the majority of online buyers offered circa £19- £19.5k.....Kendal was a short drive up the road, they promised that price subject to condition ( it really was as new condition) and I could catch two buses home.

A no brainer and two happy vested parties.

Even happier now it’s gone away....
Last edited by: legacylad on Wed 28 Sep 22 at 07:16
Latest Forum Posts