Motoring Discussion > Massive reduction in cost of my car insurance. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: henry k Replies: 13

Massive reduction in cost of my car insurance. - henry k
My notification of auto renewal of car insurance cost has arrived.

Approx Thirty Three percent reduction !!!!!!!!! Not a typo by me.

Why? An error or I suspect i might be one of those loyal folks paying for low rates for new customer bait ?

I admit to not paying attention to it in the past as life is too hectic here as I am totally in charge of everything.

A real life example of why IIRC the government acted on this situation ?
www.whatcar.com/news/car-insurance-companies-banned-from-charging-loyal-customers-more/n21991
 Massive reduction in cost of my car insurance. - smokie
I overlooked reporting it here but my daughter in Birmingham had the same experience a few weeks back on renewal. Down 40% I believe
 Massive reduction in cost of my car insurance. - Robin O'Reliant
Mine came down about 40% too, and the house and contents insurance by about 25%.
 Massive reduction in cost of my car insurance. - neiltoo
Car insurance came down 10%, House went up 10% with Direct Line.
Staysure travel is held at last years prices.

European annual cover for the two of us (74+75) is £198.11.
They gave us a free 6months last year.
 Massive reduction in cost of my car insurance. - Bromptonaut
>> Mine came down about 40% too, and the house and contents insurance by about 25%.

My buildings and contents, one policy with Axa, renew today at quite a bit less than last year.
 Massive reduction in cost of my car insurance. - Rudedog
Wow you lucky guys.... absolutely nothing changed in my driving/life except for getting a year older and yet mine went up... only by a tenner but even so.
 Massive reduction in cost of my car insurance. - bathtub tom
My house insurance has gone up by nearly 20%. Nothing's changed, no claims. Shopping around hasn't thrown up anything appreciably cheaper.
 Massive reduction in cost of my car insurance. - VxFan
Will be interesting to see what Direct Line quote for my car renewal later this month.

They already tried increasing the house insurance by £22 last month. A quick phone saying I'd found cheaper quotes elsewhere changed it to a £12 increase.
Last edited by: VxFan on Wed 4 May 22 at 11:05
 Massive reduction in cost of my car insurance. - legacylad
Recent car insurance renewal was down to £210 from £218 last year. Same company.
Shopped around and got identical cover for £165.
A worthwhile saving....and my price for my rental car (17 days) later this month just dropped from €244 to €207. Free cancellation and a 10 minute job to rebook and cancel the original with DYS.
 Massive reduction in cost of my car insurance. - smokie
SWMBOs ins is due later this month but all the sites (except More Than, who were much More Than current!) were about teh same as this year.
 Massive reduction in cost of my car insurance. - legacylad
and my price for my rental car (17 days) later this month just
>> dropped from €244 to €207. Free cancellation and a 10 minute job to rebook and
>> cancel the original with DYS.
>>
Friend travelling out with me and returning same day needs his own rental car.....today paid €191 for a Pug 2008, which in the circumstances, for 17 days, is reasonable.
 Massive reduction in cost of my car insurance. - CGNorwich
Enjoy the cuts while they last. With a 40% rise in energy costs due in October and inflation set to top 10% this year There are grim times ahead.
>> Will be interesting to see what Direct Line quote for my car renewal later this month.

Well knock me down with a feather. £14 cheaper than last year. That's 2 years in a row that it's gone down.
>> Well knock me down with a feather. £14 cheaper than last year. That's 2 years in a row that it's gone down.

And a further reduction of £37 because while I was on the phone querying an incorrect email address on the policy, I asked if the previous quoted price for the policy (which is due renewal on the 4th June) was still correct.

So now nearly £52 cheaper than last year.
Latest Forum Posts