Motoring Discussion > Recommend an auto polisher? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: BobbyG Replies: 11

Recommend an auto polisher? - BobbyG
Having spent a few hours yesterday claying, washing, polishing my car I wake today and my bones are aching especially my arms and shoulders.

Now I have one of those huge 2-hand polisher things that work fine if the surface is flat which rules out 90% of the car surface so it stays in the garage unused

Anyone able to receommend one of the smaller ehand polisher type things, the ones you put one "bonnet" on to apply and another to polish? Not looking to spend huge amounts.

Maybe you Stu?
 Recommend an auto polisher? - Zero
Take more exercise you lazy git.
 Recommend an auto polisher? - BobbyG
That was my exercise!!
 Recommend an auto polisher? - Iffy
I think it's possible to get four inch diameter polishing pads to fit into an angle grinder or the chuck of a drill.

Recommend an auto polisher? - Stuartli
Auto polishers don't come cheap:

www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/10700893

tinyurl.com/24s9dsm
 Recommend an auto polisher? - Mike Hannon
Personally, I would never risk using one. Elbow grease or nothing - and you do get a glow of satisfaction even if your joints/bones are aching a bit...

On a similar subject - my friend asked me today the best way to clean the windscreen, without minute surface scratches - on his brand new Astra. I think he has a lot of heartache ahead.

Last edited by: Mike Hannon on Mon 27 Sep 10 at 20:29
 Recommend an auto polisher? - scousehonda
"my friend asked me today the best way to clean the windscreen, without minute surface scratches"

And what was your advice?
 Recommend an auto polisher? - MD
There are plenty of 'Polishers' around here who seem to do it automatically. Normally on 'sign on' day. Pah!!

M
 Recommend an auto polisher? - tobyjug
I use this polisher from Argos, light enough to use one handed, slow enough not to do any damage but better than polishing by hand.

www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/7403026.htm
 Recommend an auto polisher? - sherlock47
www.autoexpress.co.uk/products/products/58142/city_tools_polishing_machine.html

and reviews of just about all the others!
 Recommend an auto polisher? - sherlock47
and for best prices........

www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=polisher+car&x=0&y=0

the one from Tonino Lamborghini looks as though it should be in the Anne Summers catalogue!!
Last edited by: pmh on Tue 28 Sep 10 at 11:19
 Recommend an auto polisher? - Mike Hannon
>"my friend asked me today the best way to clean the windscreen, without minute surface scratches"
And what was your advice? <

Sponge off with a liberal amount of water, to remove dead flies, etc.
Mix a 10 per cent solution of vinegar and plain water, apply and polish gently until dry with a piece of scrunched-up newspaper.

This is my friend's second recent new Astra and he says the windscreen glass of the previous one, which he had for four years and about 25k miles, was 'soft' and prone to scratching. I know - to my cost - that Vauxhalls used to made with inferior quality materials but I thought those days were over.
Last edited by: Mike Hannon on Tue 28 Sep 10 at 13:44
Latest Forum Posts