Motoring Discussion > EV out of range Miscellaneous
Thread Author: bathtub tom Replies: 5

EV out of range - bathtub tom
Tesco today, saw a car slewed across two spaces at the free EV charging points. Commented to a member of staff about the selfishness of some folk. They told me it had been towed there by the AA or RAC as its battery was flat.
I wonder if I ran out of petrol and got towed to the petrol station, would they give me half a gallon for free, so I could drive somewhere else and fill up?
 EV out of range - Zero
>> Tesco today, saw a car slewed across two spaces at the free EV charging points.

Free? EV charging points? Didn't think they existed, doesn't every charging point require a card of some kind?
 EV out of range - bathtub tom
www.motoringelectric.com/charging/how-find-nearest-tesco-electric-charging-point/

I believe Sainbury's have them too.
 EV out of range - Zero
well I can see that ending by the end of 2022
 EV out of range - smokie
Locally Tesco and Lidl have free chargers. You need a card to enable them for over 10 minutes and they aren't the fastest chargers, but better than your 13a plug at home.

So much so that some people are buying their EVs and depending on their likes for their free fuel, which is annoying for some but doesn't bother me so much as I can easily charge at home ( - some can't).

Over here in Portugal they have a charging cost mechanism which charges per minute, which si quite a good idea as it encourages people to shift their cars off the charger once it is full.

There are loads and loads of free charger points in Scotland.

I did ask Tesco customer service once about the non-EVs blocking the EV charging bays but they said they have neither the time nor the ability to challenge offenders.
 EV out of range - VxFan
>> I did ask Tesco customer service once about the non-EVs blocking the EV charging bays
>> but they said they have neither the time nor the ability to challenge offenders.

Anyone that does that at the Tesco near me has their car reg read out over the tannoy and the owner is asked to come to customer services and then get told to move their car.

Some idiot in a BMW kept doing it for several weeks every Sunday, and his excuse was he thought they were overflow disabled bays. He never had a blue badge either.
Latest Forum Posts