Motoring Discussion > Any win/win scenarios Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bobby Replies: 5

Any win/win scenarios - Bobby
Obviously with used car prices being high, just wondering if there are any scenarios whereby someone (my son) could take advantage of this to sell his car but not get stung for a high cost of replacement?
Are new cars all order only or are there still stocks of some cars where it would be standard list price but obviously no choices over spec?
Or have they increased list prices in line with used values?
 Any win/win scenarios - smokie
My limited knowledge (mainly of MGs) is that deliveries for many new cars are months away and, in the case of MG (and probably others), slipping.

However, again with MGs, some are calling round dealers to see if they happen to have any on order but unallocated, and a small number of people have got lucky - but as you say, no choices over spec.

MG new prices went up in January and demand is strong.

Probably a similar story for all brands. I don't think there are bargains to be had at any part of the market at the moment, or for the foreseeable.
 Any win/win scenarios - CGNorwich
I’ve got an ID 3 on order. Probably not going to see it before October at best. Paying around £3000 under current price . Could probably sell on delivery and make a profit but what’s the point. I want the car

Any win/win scenarios - Lygonos
MG Affinity prices (fixed low prices for public service workers/retirees/their families) are available 'til wnd March.

For EVs you can also get 6yr 0% finance through the Energy Saving Trust in Scotland.

Other than that discounts are pretty thin on the ground - even the usual 10-20% off BMW/MB/Audi saloons from brokers have dried up.

www.fraserscars.co.uk/contents/mg-affinity
 Any win/win scenarios - PeterS
>> I’ve got an ID 3 on order. Probably not going to see it before October
>> at best. Paying around £3000 under current price . Could probably sell on delivery and
>> make a profit but what’s the point. I want the car
>>
>>

Check with other dealers first; I was offered an iD3 for April (ordering Jan) when I went MINI…and friends who were less picky on colour have had iD3s delivered in under 8 weeks! Don’t opt for the fancy alloy wheels though…that, not, chips, seems to add months to delivery.
 Any win/win scenarios - CGNorwich
It’s on order. Has been since October.
Latest Forum Posts