Motoring Discussion > Tyre Weld Miscellaneous
Thread Author: zippy Replies: 17

Tyre Weld - zippy
Mrs Z has a flat tyre and ran on it for a few hundred yards to find a safe place to stop - which happened to be back at home.

This has caused a split in the side wall.

Of course her car does not come with a spare wheel and has a can of Tyre Weld type gunk.

Does anyone know if this will plug the hole in the side wall (about 10mm long by 2mm wide and flappy.

I don't think it will, but if it will I can run her car up to the nearest tyre depot, alternatively it's a more expensive mobile fitting service.
 Tyre Weld - Zero
Doubt it will, New tyre time
 Tyre Weld - smokie
I don't think mobiles are generally that much more expensive. I've used them in the past and I wouldn't have done so if they were... :-)
 Tyre Weld - zippy
>> I don't think mobiles are generally that much more expensive. I've used them in the
>> past and I wouldn't have done so if they were... :-)
>>

Ranges from £10 to £40 extra, mainly depending on how accurate you want the booking (£10 for all day, £40 for a 2 hour slot).

Both rear tyres are from 2015 so as one has gone I may as well replace the other as well. They were advisories for "cracking" on the last MOT.

The real problem is the first date available for mobile fitting is Saturday, and that's no good as we have an appointment we can't miss a few towns away.

The next availability is Tuesday. Of course, Mrs Z can't see herself without a car for several days and refuses to drive mine because it's an automatic, so is pestering me to sort it ASAP!
 Tyre Weld - VxFan
The tyre weld stuff is only for mending small holes caused by things like nails.

Why not just take the wheel off and run it up to the garage in your car to have the tyre changed?
 Tyre Weld - Manatee
>> Why not just take the wheel off and run it up to the garage in
>> your car to have the tyre changed?

You shot my fox. Done that a few times to save changing wheels twice. 'course these things are easier to fit in i.e. getting retyred, when you're retired.
 Tyre Weld - Duncan
>> Mrs Z ... refuses to drive ... an automatic,
>>

How do you do it Zippy?

How do you manage to have such an interesting life style? Your posts perk me up. Every day something interesting happens to you.
 Tyre Weld - Zero
Missing your Spoons time there Dunc?
 Tyre Weld - zippy
>>
>> How do you do it Zippy?
>>
>> How do you manage to have such an interesting life style? Your posts perk me
>> up. Every day something interesting happens to you.
>>

I've broken a few mirrors in my time and I'm totally unorganised. :-)

Tyre Weld - smokie
"the first date available for mobile fitting is Saturday, and that's no good"

Can't you leave the keys with a neighbour or on the top of the wheel or something?

I'd always pay £10 - £20 extra for the convenience of them coming to me rather than going and hanging round some dodgy tyre place for an hour :-)
 Tyre Weld - zippy
>>
>> Can't you leave the keys with a neighbour or on the top of the wheel
>> or something?
>>

The one on the left died last week.

The one on the right had a stroke.

I'm not risking anything with the others, knowing my luck, I'd come home to a house in flames!

:-)
 Tyre Weld - Zero

>> The one on the left died last week.
>> The one on the right had a stroke.

Gods sake zippy, they will be burning you as a Warlock soon.
 Tyre Weld - zippy
>>
>> >> The one on the left died last week.

For clarification - owner of the vicious German Shepheard that tried to eat our dog.

>> >> The one on the right had a stroke.
>>

Just got home from some chores (including paying the vets bill, which amazingly came to <£1k) and saw he who had the stroke, wobble up our drive (it's 400 odd feet long) on a new, expensive looking electric scooter.

Chatting to him revealed that it was purchased by his Mrs to help him get his balance back. They don't have a car, but use motorbikes including a nice big BMW so he is eager to get fit enough to ride it again.
 Tyre Weld - bathtub tom
>> Just got home from some chores (including paying the vets bill, which amazingly came to
>> <£1k) and saw he who had the stroke, wobble up our drive (it's 400 odd
>> feet long) on a new, expensive looking electric scooter.
>>
>> Chatting to him revealed that it was purchased by his Mrs to help him get
>> his balance back.

Don't know if that will help. I only had a minor one around eight years ago and still feel very unsteady on a pushbike and I won't go up ladders any more. Certainly wouldn't consider a motorbike.
 Tyre Weld - Duncan
>> The one on the left died last week.
>> The one on the right had a stroke.
>> I'm not risking anything with the others, knowing my luck, I'd come home to a house in flames!

Gordon Bennett!!

May I refer you to my post at 08.11 today!
Last edited by: VxFan on Mon 10 Jan 22 at 10:23
 Tyre Weld - R.P.
hey don't have a car, but use motorbikes including a nice big BMW so he is eager to get fit enough to ride it again.

Let me know if he wants to sell ;-)
 Tyre Weld - zippy
I asked the same question in jest and got one of those over my dead body looks back! :-)
 Tyre Weld - smokie
He took a bit of a risk giving you that look!! :-)
Latest Forum Posts