Motoring Discussion > Hyundai - Full Service History Buying / Selling
Thread Author: Ambo Replies: 38

Hyundai - Full Service History - Ambo
Shaping up to sell our 7-year-old Hyundai i10, I wonder what exactly this expression means. Is it the service record in a stamped service book plus a current MOT, or is it these plus the whole wad of documents showing service and repair details?
 Hyundai - Full Service History - smokie
Selling my Ampera recently, I only handed on the service book and MOT but I did show them receipts for recent bits to prove I cared, also showed the MOT history to show that the mileage hadn't been fiddled and that there had been no major issues with the car.

My service history was manufacturer only so I also made a point of that, but I think I felt that was more important due to the rareness of the model, and the inability of many independents to properly service an electric vehicle.

I understand that the service history is kept on a database, presumably by the manufacturer, but I'm not sure that an indy could update it and I also don't know if you can get a copy when selling.
 Hyundai - Full Service History - Zero
In car trader parlance, FSH, is a stamped service book on time and mileage. If it's a full dealer service history, they will say so. Past Mots not important you can look them up

It's nice to get a wad of 8nvoices, but not required to meet the FSH monika
Oh and don't sell yourself short, prices are high, possibly higher than you thought, do some research
 Hyundai - Full Service History - martin aston
My indie can update the online history of our Mazda and VW. I am pretty sure it’s an EU requirement that manufacturers have to allow this. It’s probably one of the things we have retained post EU.
Your indie has to pay the manufacturer for the access usually 8ncluding full diags
We would be unable to offer a potential buyer a trial drive so would have to rely on dealers such as We Buy Any Car, on auctions or the dealer we bought the car from and who has serviced it. Do posters gave any recommendations please?
 Hyundai - Full Service History - zippy
I haven’t sold a car to them, so cannot recommend them, but note that motorway.co.uk suggested a very good price for my car, about £2k more than Webuyanycar.

Hyundai - Full Service History - Lygonos
Lots of positive experiences of EV owners selling to cazoo - they pay the price they say and money in account before they take your car.
 Hyundai - Full Service History - Bill Payer
>> Lots of positive experiences of EV owners selling to cazoo - they pay the price
>> they say and money in account before they take your car.
>>

I think the edge has gone of prices generally in the last couple of weeks but I've seen several very positive comments about selling to Cazoo - high price compared to others and no hassle.
 Hyundai - Full Service History - Fullchat
For interest sake I put my 2017 2Ltr diesel AWD through WBAC towards the end of Sept. They kept increasing their offer via mailshot and reach £18,255 which was only slightly less than I paid at 6 months old.
I left it a while and then offer dropped to £16,300 at end of Oct. Increasing now to £16,635.

Thing is I don't want to sell it. Maybe the higher earlier offer was based around demand for suitable caravan towing vehicles for 'staycations'.
Its very car dependent. Idris's 2017 fiesta, is now worth 2k more than I paid for it two years ago.
Sold the i10 for £3750 yesterday to a local garage (not the original dealer, who didn't want to know). This is 41% of the purchase price which I thought was fair, especially as there were body scratches and a small rust patch.

Continued. And that is after 7 years, albeit with only about 14,000 miles on the clock and with the original tyres and battery (her shopping trolley, d'ye see, but I had already sold my i30).

It seems odd to be without wheels after many years on the road - and odder that I never found myself at the wheel of a diesel vehicle - but we have decided that our eyesight and our reaction times are such that we have driven our last mile.
 Hyundai - Full Service History - No FM2R
>> but we have decided that our eyesight and our reaction times are such that we have driven our last mile.

A difficult decision, I am sure, but I admire you for taking it.

Yeah, thats a toughie, well done. Not sure I will be so rational when my time comes. I'm convinced when my license goes west I'll not be far behind it.
 Hyundai - Full Service History - Robin O'Reliant
>>

>>
>> A difficult decision, I am sure, but I admire you for taking it.
>>
>>
Same here, I dread the day when I (Or the DVLA) decide I am no longer fit to drive. It isn't just the convenience, but like all here cars are and have always been a big part of my life.

My motorcycling days will end before that I should think, but I may be able to extend them by swapping to a trike with the twin front wheels. I actually fancy one of those anyway.
 Hyundai - Full Service History - Fullchat
That's really sad to read and am sure it was hard taking that step but very responsible.
 Hyundai - Full Service History - Falkirk Bairn
2 weeks back a neighbour had a blackout at home, ambulance called, a few days in hospital. Banned for at least 12 months.

He seems OK.

Serious point, it was not, apparently, his first blackout. He has had 2/3 but came round quickly. The latest episode difference was he did not come round for at least 20/30 minutes in the ambulance!!

He should have owned up and seen the GP over the last 15 years.
 Hyundai - Full Service History - Clk Sec
Top man, ambo. Well done!
 Hyundai - Full Service History - legacylad
Tough decision ambo, and I admire your courage in so doing.

Hyundai - Full Service History - Mr Moo
In the not too distant future, I wonder where different levels of autonomous tech will take us in terms of the need to stop driving. Will we be able to continue driving on certain roads and in specific situations where the car will have sufficient in built autonomy to offset failing eyesight and reduced reaction times.
 Hyundai - Full Service History - henry k
>> In the not too distant future, I wonder where different levels of autonomous tech will
>> take us in terms of the need to stop driving.

I suspect having to do more ( almost all) through a menu will deter many older drivers.
I am already seeing comments about put heater controls back on the dash.

Some oldies may starting keeping older and older cars that retain manual controls.
 Hyundai - Full Service History - zippy
A hard decision to make Ambo and very brave and sensible of you, to ultimately keep others safe.

Best wishes.
 Hyundai - Full Service History - Duncan
>> I suspect having to do more ( almost all) through a menu will deter many
>> older drivers.
>> I am already seeing comments about put heater controls back on the dash.
>>
>> Some oldies may starting keeping older and older cars that retain manual controls.

I think I have already posted about my frustration with the controls on my new Toyota.

The old Toyota has an on/off/volume knob for the radio, then six preset buttons for the different stations.

How nice and simple!
Quite why car manufacturers thought it sensible to put heater controls on a touch screen is beyond me.
I disagree with the notion that once set they remain untouched. I don’t always have my air con switched on....sometimes I like to drive with the pano roof open, or windows down, and consequently direct heat to feet or wherever.
One of the nice things about my Focus Active, and probably other Fords. That and the driving dynamics amongst other things.
Most people forget, or never knew* that a lot of cars now are supplemented by voice commands, which work quite well.

* or even accept the notion of talking to their cars.
 Hyundai - Full Service History - Falkirk Bairn
I have voice commands for temperature, phone, etc etc

I have tried several times to a distinct lack of success

I have watched Youtube videos, read the manuals but it does not like my accent - deep South American drawl is OK but not, apparently, my accent (& I do not have a broad accent & use normal English)
 Hyundai - Full Service History - Robin O'Reliant
>> I have voice commands for temperature, phone, etc etc
>>
>>
>>

I have that, and for the TV and various other things. It's Mrs O'Reliant's voice barking her orders at me.

>> I have tried several times to a distinct lack of success

I can see that "Git te hut ya b******". might well be a challenge.
I haven't got a South American drawl. Am I doomed to a lifetime of pushing buttons?
Try turning them rather than pushing. Works for me.
 Hyundai - Full Service History - tyrednemotional
>> Try turning them rather than pushing. Works for me.
>>

...them's knobs, not buttons...
>> >> Try turning them rather than pushing. Works for me.
>> >>
>>
>> ...them's knobs, not buttons...

cept when they is sliders or levers.

>> ...them's knobs, not buttons...
>>
Correcto. What a silly billy I am.
>> I haven't got a South American drawl. Am I doomed to a lifetime of pushing
>> buttons?

You push our buttons daily.
It's a service I provide. One of the many joys of knowing me.
Last edited by: No FM2R on Sun 28 Nov 21 at 15:26
 Hyundai - Full Service History - Bobby
Always remember when I had my Hyundai it would not recognise my voice.
My teenage son put on a totally politically incorrect Korean accent and it worked first time!
 Hyundai - Full Service History - DeeW
I find this a little shocking. When husband passed out and knew nothing until on a stretcher, had a stroke diagnosis and a week in hospital aged 49. He took the decision not to drive. He felt that the onset was so sudden it would be foolish to get behind the wheel again.. he would hate to maim someone else by his actions.
Bit of a pain for me as only driver, but I agreed with him. It did make life a little difficult until the children were able to drive.
Last edited by: DeeW on Sun 28 Nov 21 at 19:03
Latest Forum Posts