Motoring Discussion > The Chinese EVs are coming....? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Lygonos Replies: 12

The Chinese EVs are coming....? - Lygonos

MG are China's most successful foray into UK/Europe family cars so far but this looks like a step-up for another car company:

www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/356439/chinese-made-ora-cat-01-electric-car-set-uk-launch-pictures

www.autoexpress.co.uk/electric-cars/355921/chinese-made-ora-cat-01-electric-car-set-uk-launch

Made by Great Wall who had some unmemorable pick-up trucks a few years ago until Euro 6 emissions killed them off.

I think it manages the 'funky' look of a small car pretty well without looking overly quirky.
 The Chinese EVs are coming....? - No FM2R
Some of their vehicles are ok.

www.greatwallmotors.cl/
 The Chinese EVs are coming....? - sooty123
Funny looking thing ain't it.
 The Chinese EVs are coming....? - smokie
I hope mine hurries along a bit, I am back in the UK a week from today!!

One of their vehicle carriers docked in Bristol the other day and another is due imminently.
 The Chinese EVs are coming....? - Kevin
>I think it manages the 'funky' look of a small car pretty well without looking overly quirky.

Looks like a PT Cruiser has run into the back of a Beetle.
 The Chinese EVs are coming....? - Dog
We quite like its funky looks, and at (from) £25k plus an 8-year battery warrantee we could well be seeing one or two on the road in 2022.

Whether one would be as much fun to drive as my 2 LTR petrol Subaru was over Dartmoor last week, remains to be seen.
>>Whether one would be as much fun to drive as my 2 LTR petrol Subaru was over Dartmoor last week, remains to be seen.

My ZS has as much top-end grunt as your Subaru, more low-down torque so accelerates quicker to motorway speeds and is more fun on smooth urban tarmac....

....but it is FWD and has a prehistoric torsion beam at the back so on twisty/lumpy roads is not as fun by some margin.
I drove quite spiritedly - Launceston to Tavistock in 20 minutes, then on to Ashburton within 1 hour.

The Scoob only lost its footing once, probably due to the 6 year-old Yokohamas

Jury is still out whether I go for another Subaru, or bite the bullet and go down the route of electrickery.
 The Chinese EVs are coming....? - Boxsterboy
For well documented political/humanitarian reasons I try to avoid buying Chinese goods if possible. Not always possible, of course, but there are plenty of non-Chinese cars on the market!
Full of Chinese parts of course.

I suspect economic growth rather than stagnation is ultimately the biggest risk to the Chinese political/humanitarian* status quo but I certainly wouldn't criticise someone for not buying Chinese goods.

* in the same way that economic and educational prosperity will be the most successful way to slow population growth in the developing world.
Rúguǒ tā bù shuō dé zhème kuài, wǒ dàgài néng tīng dǒng tā dehuà.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkUmDMZP0MQ
 The Chinese EVs are coming....? - Boxsterboy
Thanks, Dog. Clear as mud then! :-)
Proper Cornish!

:o}
Latest Forum Posts