Motoring Discussion > A wee visit to Ireland Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bobby Replies: 6

A wee visit to Ireland - Bobby
This time next week I will be in my nieces house just outside Belfast having a few beers.
There will then follow a week’s driving and overnight staying along the west coast from Giants Causeway as far south as around Galway and then cutting across to my sisters in Mullingar.

I have still to book the overnights, anyone been down that side and have recommendations for places to stay/ things to do/ nice roads to drive?

We have never done a holiday like this before, happy for it to be decent B&B or hotels. It is a last minute plan so busily scrolling Google maps and various websites so any input would be appreciated!
 A wee visit to Ireland - No FM2R
A friend of mine has a house near Balinrobe so I know the area, and it's lovely. I only know it enough to envy you, not enough to help you, sorry.

But enjoy. And if you're happy to book as you go along, you'll probably not go wrong.
Last edited by: No FM2R on Sat 7 Aug 21 at 22:26
 A wee visit to Ireland - bathtub tom
>> But enjoy. And if you're happy to book as you go along, you'll probably not
>> go wrong.

I think Mark may have left out: To be sure, to be sure.
 A wee visit to Ireland - Bobby
Balinrobe. Not far from Westport where my sister advised us to spend a day/ night. Can have done lively musical pubs (in normal times)
 A wee visit to Ireland - R.P.
Went over on the bike in 2012 - lovely weather for around ten minutes ! Pulled up in a town on the west coast looking for the hotel we'd booked, asked a local for a directions "You're not as lost as you thought you were" was the response, lovely country, lovely people...slightly damp in May though !
 A wee visit to Ireland - legacylad
My only visit to Ireland was a weekend at a friends wedding just outside Dublin, so I’ll follow this post with interest.
Walking friends rave about the Emerald Isle...they done all the county tops, but I’ve not been brave enough to risk the weather. Shame on me.
 A wee visit to Ireland - Runfer D'Hills
Pre-Brovid I used to be there quite a lot. Maybe half a dozen times a year. Done some very good business there for decades, but it has sadly all but collapsed now.

Usual route was either Holyhead into Dublin port or Cairnryan into Belfast.

As noted above, lovely people, fantastically scenery, lots of rain !
Latest Forum Posts