Motoring Discussion > Recording Driving/Video Black Box - New App Miscellaneous
Thread Author: rtj70 Replies: 8

Recording Driving/Video Black Box - New App - rtj70
This application in beta looks interesting:

www.dailyroads.com/voyager.php

If it does what it says, it will do what systems costing a lot more than an Android phone do. Just needs a view out of the front.

Just need it testing for us now.

It's currently free too.
I should add this works on Android phones.
 Recording Driving/Video Black Box - New App - movilogo
Any video capture capable smart phone can do this. The length of video will only be limited by memory.
You obviously didn't read what it does. It only ever keep a certain amount of video otherwise your memory card would become full. You don't want the whole journey. It also then uses the sensors in the camera to sense sudden deceleration etc to then secure the last few minutes of video. It can also then take photos etc.
 Recording Driving/Video Black Box - New App - Dog
I don't know what an Android mobile phone is, but I was thinking along these lines Re: the recent thread about being tailgated by a lorry, seems like the 'way to go' IMO.
Dog, Android is the smart phone operating system and GUI from Google. Their equivalent of what you get on the iPhone - just more flexible and you don't have to do things the Apple way. And when people get Android 2.2 (Froyo) there is Flash 10.1 too. Something that will never happen on the iPhone.
>>Dog, Android is the smart phone operating system and GUI from Google.<<

Yep, I see it now Rob ... I was wondering if I would be breaking any law if say I rigged up a cheapo camcorder fixed to a bracket on the parcel shelf or some such, even a dummy one like they do with CCTV sometimes,
I personally wouldn't really need to do that down here in Cornwall I suppose,
but if I was 'up-country' like, where the action is, it could come in handy.
Perhaps 'The Dragons' would be interested in a suitable (simple) device.
This could do the job ~

tinyurl.com/23rh5jl
The application for android I mention is not only free (if you have such a phone of course) but also embeds the time and GPS coordinates in the video too. Can also automatically send videos or photos to somewhere on the Internet too.
Latest Forum Posts