Motoring Discussion > Abandoned Panamera? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Manatee Replies: 10

Abandoned Panamera? - Manatee
Noticed a 61 plate Panamera parked outside my building site yesterday, partly obstructing the entrance from one side. Still there today. Two bald tyres and MoT expired in February. although it's taxed and on MID. Bit of a nuisance as I am waiting for a delivery of insulation which will probably come on a large vehicle.

The last lot of insulation came on a curtain-sided trailer with a Moffett on the back. I am imagining picking the car up and relocating it. Probably not a good idea.
The problem has resolved. It wasn't abandoned and has now been moved.
 Abandoned Panamera? - No FM2R
Strange condition to keep a Panamera in.
 Abandoned Panamera? - sooty123
Probably running it on a budget.
>>Strange condition to keep a Panamera in.

Turned out it lives in a close about 100 yards away. The owners might or might not be the same people who lived at the address about a dozen years ago when we had a spate of their mail delivered to our house over several weeks, all of which I delivered on to them. I can't remember why now, I think there was a line missing from the address they had been giving out. Then a couple of parcels came for them so of course I had to knock on the door. I can't recall exactly what was said but I came away thinking I had been told off for having had the temerity to receive their parcels. A few more letters came so I wrote "not known at this address" on them and returned them to the senders.
 Abandoned Panamera? - bathtub tom
>>I can't recall exactly what was said but I came away thinking I
>> had been told off for having had the temerity to receive their parcels.

I once came home to a 'sorry you were out when we called' and explained the package was left two doors down. I went there and an enormous box was waiting, when I looked at the label it was for a house a couple of streets away. I said it wasn't for me, to which the recipient told me they'd never accept parcels for me again (I don't recall them having ever done so before).
I took the box and walked it to the intended destination, the occupant was in the garden and berated me as he'd received a message that the thing had been delivered.

Sometimes, you just can't win.
 Abandoned Panamera? - Falkirk Bairn
A former neighbour who was not the most pleasant had a parcel delivery - grudgingly took his parcel in as we knew the van driver, who was pleasant any time we had deliveries.

We were just going out but put the parcel in the hall. We came back a few hours later and within minutes the neighbour was at the door berating us for taking the parcel BUT then not being in for him to collect it. It was something he urgently needed!

That, I think, was the last exchange of words before he left a few months later - 3 sets
of neighbours in that house have been fine.

No longer a rental just a young man who has transformed the worst house in the street into the best pleasant but a DIY fanatic Last 2/3 weeks multiple Builders merchant deliveries, Stihl saws cutting paving blocks, new 6 foot fence all around ....... what's next ?
>>the neighbour was at the door berating us for taking the parcel BUT then not being in for him to collect it.

Egocentricity + an apparent lack of empathy (actually that they just don't care what you feel) = psychopath.
 Abandoned Panamera? - VxFan
>> That, I think, was the last exchange of words before he left a few months
>> later - 3 sets of neighbours in that house have been fine.

I have a similar neighbour. A right old Victor Meldrew. Even wears the same style flat cap.

The 6 previous neighbours have all been fine. I wish this one would leave.

Abandoned Panamera? - bathtub tom
Our neighbour, reputedly, said of us: "they're the third family to live in that house since we've been here and they've all been funny b*****s that've ended up not talking to us".
Last edited by: bathtub tom on Tue 18 May 21 at 14:16
 Abandoned Panamera? - Dog
Apart from rabbits, foxes, mice, rats, fallow deer, Chinese muntjac deer, wallabies, and an emu, I have no neighbours.

We have some proper b*****s living half a mile away though - that's their surname believe it or not.

They farm all the land around here - nice people, he cut all my hedges last year so I took some xmas goodies along as a thank you.

The rats have gotta go though - I saw 3 of the stewards hanging from 1 peanut feeder last week!
Latest Forum Posts