Motoring Discussion > Ford Fiesta - 140mph Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Zero Replies: 6

Ford Fiesta - 140mph - Zero
www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-merseyside-51286553

I assume it has to be a Fiesta RS, and Dr No(FMR) said they were not fun.

Ford Fiesta - 140mph - No FM2R
I think I said that I wouldn't want to live with one, not that they weren't fun in small doses. Not totally unlike yourself.
 Ford Fiesta - 140mph - Lygonos
Fiesta ST isn't it? 200bhp before the mandatory remap.

Thought the RS had a useless spoiler on the back.

(unless this is a reference to the old XR2i-era RS Turbo)
Last edited by: Lygonos on Wed 7 Apr 21 at 17:51
 Ford Fiesta - 140mph - legacylad
Did I mention that a pal has just bought, because his wife liked it, a 500 Abarth Riva 695 with 180 horses. I had a run out in it. Crazy torque steer, noisy, kart like rock hard suspension.
Not my cup of Darjeeling. Or his I fear. But wifey likes it.
>> Did I mention that a pal has just bought, because his wife liked it, a
>> 500 Abarth Riva 695 with 180 horses. I had a run out in it. Crazy
>> torque steer, noisy, kart like rock hard suspension.
>> Not my cup of Darjeeling. Or his I fear. But wifey likes it.

I hired a sporty 500 in Sicily and drove across the island. I had always lusted after them in every way, but it was an uncomfortable bag of merda. Such a disappointment, nearly on the mary rose level of anti climax.
Last edited by: Zero on Thu 8 Apr 21 at 08:46
>> Fiesta ST isn't it? 200bhp before the mandatory remap.

My bad, I dont keep up with fast ford nomenclature because, well to put it bluntly, they cant keep up with me.
 Ford Fiesta - 140mph - Pezzer
My son has just bought himself one of the newer ones, just over a year old. It is a 1.5l 3 cylinder engine and it really is an impressive piece of kit.
Clearly it revs very nicely but surprisingly (to me) it also pulls very well at low revs without having to change gear. The steering is a bit skittish for my tastes especially in Sports mode but it hangs on round corners beautifully and is very capable on motorways too. All mod cons - nice screen with phone integration etc.
Latest Forum Posts