Motoring Discussion > Reporting a safety concern to VOSA Miscellaneous
Thread Author: PR Replies: 13

Reporting a safety concern to VOSA - PR
Has anyone ever reported a safety defect to VOSA? There is an online form to do so

Basically my Maserati has radar cruise (and auto lights). If you start the car in the dark then the cruise control light on the dash does not come on. So if you are driving it will engage the cruise control as requested (and you can feel it working).. however there is no light or indication it is on.. nor the speed it is set to for resume.

I might add that if you start the car in daylight there is no issue at all and everything is as it should be.

Main dealer has had it twice now and basically either doesn't understand the issue or doesn't want to sort it.

Its 2 years old and under warranty by the way.

Thoughts? I think its dam right dangerous.
 Reporting a safety concern to VOSA - smokie
I'd be going to Maserati in the first placed, HQ if the dealer couldn't advise.
Yes only issue there is they will inevitably say.. take to dealer.

Its a 160 mile 3 hour round trip aswell
Last edited by: PR on Fri 12 Mar 21 at 15:59
 Reporting a safety concern to VOSA - smokie
Contact HQ telling them you have no confidence in the dealer as they don't understand!!
 Reporting a safety concern to VOSA - Zero
Sounds like a software or an electronic dash issue.

Not sure I'd want to use cruse at night TBH. However that aside, as long as the cruise cuts out when you brake, its not that dangerous really is it. Its not like cruise control info lights are bright big and red normally.

I'd want it fixed tho.
 Reporting a safety concern to VOSA - Manatee
Good luck sorting that out. I'd ring the manufacturer/concessionaire and, if they don't start jumping around, mention VOSA. The mere thought of having their sales halted will give them a jolt.

Bit odd really, the dealer response. I don't doubt that a Maserati dealer will pretend great expertise what with all the heritage aura.

I recommend this book, published by a friend. The book took author Nigel Trow about 15 years to pull together. He grinds exceeding small.

www.hortonsbooks.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&search=maserati+the+family+&product_id=11570&search=maserati+the+family+

Reporting a safety concern to VOSA - R.P.
Has it ever had a new windscreen ?
I tend to use it driving.through a 30.zone which is lit.. helps stick to the limit.

Not sure on the windscreen.. bought as an ex demo. What's your thinking?
>> I tend to use it driving.through a 30.zone which is lit.. helps stick to the
>> limit.
>>
>> Not sure on the windscreen.. bought as an ex demo. What's your thinking?

Sometimes they need to be calibrated after a screen change

I prefer to use the limiter in zones like that
Last edited by: Zero on Fri 12 Mar 21 at 19:39
 Reporting a safety concern to VOSA - Runfer D'Hills
I use the speedometer. ;-)
>> I use the speedometer. ;-)

With only 4 cylinders I suppose you dont have to do that often either.
 Reporting a safety concern to VOSA - R.P.
Read on various forums that replacement non-OEM screens cause errors in systems with sensors that depend on looking through them. Volvos have issues.
 Reporting a safety concern to VOSA - Haywain
"Has anyone ever reported a safety defect to VOSA? There is an online form to do so"

I reported my 1.5tsi Karoq to DVSA*, along with other owners, because of its tendency to pull out, say at a junction, then die; it was a software issue associated with that engine. It was very scary when it happened. The dealer called the car in and I was given a diesel Karoq Scout for 6 weeks or so until the software was updated. I had informed Skoda UK and the dealer that I was reporting the vehicle and, although nothing was said, I believe that DVLA leaned on Skoda to get the car off the road ...... quickly.

* www.gov.uk/government/news/driver-and-vehicle-standards-agency-named

The system works as it should in daytime.. and the cruise appears to.work ok at night it's just the display that doesn't.
I'm pretty sure it's a software glitch.
To make me even more.annoyed they are dropping it back off this morning without telling me before they left and despite the fact I signed a job card that clearly stated I would talk to their tech to explain the issue and that hasn't happened
Latest Forum Posts