Motoring Discussion > Ford - JPS Ford Capri Buying / Selling
Thread Author: Fullchat Replies: 4

Ford - JPS Ford Capri - Fullchat
Watching Bangers and Cash a couple of nights ago and they featured a 1975 JPS Ford Capri 2 in black. Around 2000 produced of which 500 were white.

Having had an identical 76 car 'back in the day' my curiosity was aroused. Mine went off the radar in 89 :(
It looked in very good condition with 74K on the clock. The spoiler let it down though.

mathewsons.co.uk/auctions/auction-dates/vehicles/11934-1975-ford-capri-jps

Ironically the seller was only a stones throw away from my location.

It made £7900 and went to a guy in Sheffield who had a white one in which was work in progress. I consider that cheap but depends on when the auction was. Not a Brooklands but I would rate it high on the desirability list.

I cant sleuth out the production date of the programme but I'm assuming its not too recent.

If only! :(
Last edited by: Fullchat on Sat 6 Mar 21 at 19:52
 Ford - JPS Ford Capri - Zero
I had a "fake" JPS Capri back in the day. It had the engine bored out to 3100, and a JPS gold coachlines and logo kit. An almost untameable beast in the wet.
 Ford - JPS Ford Capri - legacylad
Quite a few friends of mine had Capris. One sold it to a pal...think it was a beige colour. Either 1300 or 1600. His previous car, or the one after, was a green Alfasud 1300.
Another friend had one as a company car..two things I remember were the reg which began WWW, and spinning it 360 degrees in Bishopdale whilst 4 up after a lock in at the Fox & Hounds in West Burton. Landlord was called George, and at 3AM his wife banged on the bedroom floor with a stick. That was the signal to depart. We were very very drunk and it was a 3 + mile drive back to our campsite up a long cul de sac road. Probably late 70s.
 Ford - JPS Ford Capri - martin aston
My first proper job was as a car rental branch manager. A customer had a white Capri on a regular once a week booking. It went on for some time then suddenly stopped. Next thing the police came along trying to trace him. Apparently he was a con man and the image created by a white Capri was part of his modus operandi!

They were less suspicious times and it never occurred to us he was up to no good.

We never found out what exactly he was up to. Maybe he was joining LL’s mates at the campsite.
 Ford - JPS Ford Capri - legacylad
Doubtful. Doesn’t sound like the sort of bloke to dig a ‘drop dunny’, let alone use it and fill it in on departure from the farmers field.
Latest Forum Posts