Motoring Discussion > Heated windscreen, steering wheel & seats Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bobby Replies: 29

Heated windscreen, steering wheel & seats - Bobby
Daughter’s boyfriend is looking to replace his 67 plate Corsa.
It has always looked a rather basic car to me but apparently it has all the above toys and he would like them on his next car also.

I’m obviously out of touch with these things, thought it was pretty much only Ford’s and some luxury brands that had heated windscreens.

Anyone know what other makes/models would have these toys? Looking at sort of Corsa size, maybe Focus at most.

In this day and age is there a comparison website that tells you all this sort of spec?
 Heated windscreen, steering wheel & seats - Runfer D'Hills
Sorry, but are we to understand that you have permitted your daughter to associate with a man who drives a Corsa?

Good Lord !

;-)
 Heated windscreen, steering wheel & seats - tyrednemotional
...cut him some slack, Runfer....

You know that's typical Embra, no chance of any sense of taste or style being brought up there.

;-)
There may well, possibly, still be parts of Auld Reekie where a young man might, one supposes, occasionally be seen in a Corsa. But, in fairness, no one would actually have to go to, or even through, "those" places, even if they were inconvenienced enough to find themselves having to be approaching from, well, you know, "the west"...

;-)
Thank goodness I don’t need to go near salt’n’sauce land!

Seriously, parents bought him it brand new when he passed his test. I suspect they may be involved in any future purchase as well. Only child n’all that
...short memories, short memories.

There was a time when you would have killed for a Corsa directly after you passed your test - especially if it were bought for you and it had a heated windscreen. (AKA a foot warmer)
;-)
 Heated windscreen, steering wheel & seats - No FM2R
>> ...short memories, short memories.
>>
>> There was a time when you would have killed for a Corsa directly after you
>> passed your test - especially if it were bought for you and it had a
>> heated windscreen. (AKA a foot warmer)

Quite right. A working heater, seats without holes, indicators, proper full beam, reliable starter, no leaks?

The stuff of dreams.

I didn't even know heated screens existed until about 2004 or so when I got a new car and it came with it.
Last edited by: No FM2R on Wed 4 Nov 20 at 22:07
 Heated windscreen, steering wheel & seats - Avant
He can't go wrong with a Fiesta, or Focus. All but the most basic Fords have a heated windscreen, which is surely much the most useful of the three you mention.
 Heated windscreen, steering wheel & seats - Crankcase
Volvos and Skodas have all those things in various models too.
 Heated windscreen, steering wheel & seats - Zero
Young men are just not seen in Volvos or Skodas.

Fiesta is what's required, that turbo charged 3 banger is the biscuit!
Yeah he is interested in having a bit more oomph than the Corsa has.
I looked around last night (ok sat with the auto trader app)
Ford seems to have a “ComfortPack” which includes the 3 items.
They also have a top of the range model called the Vignale that has every you going! Really looks smart!
There have been a lot of Fiesta ST thefts in the area, think to do with keyless entry. Would need to look further into that to see if it can be disabled.
 Heated windscreen, steering wheel & seats - Rudedog
The VW Climate screen was the one option I really wanted to try and find when looking for my Gti, unfortunately no one seemed to spec it even though it is only a £300 option.

Heated seats have always been a must for me which I had on the old Golf and was standard on the Mk7 GTis, I've now seen that they are now only an option on the Mk8 GTi's as part of the winter pack!

Heated windscreen, steering wheel & seats - VxFan
I had a new Corsa a little while ago as a courtesy car for the day.

Gone are the days of them being poverty spec cars. Well this one was anyway.

It was massive compared to earlier Corsa's. Almost Astra sized.

IIRC, it was a SE Nav model. 1.2 auto.

Sat Nav, heated seats and steering wheel. Can't remember if it had a heated screen. Lane departure warning, although I hate that feature and turn it off straight away. Only thing that let it down was that it only had rear parking sensors and no front ones, and no reversing camera.

And for a 1.2 engine, married to an 8 speed auto box (with flappy paddles), it was actually quite poky as well as economical. The auto box looked very much like the one that's used by BMW. The gear lever was identical, as were the features.
>> Only thing that let it down was that it only had rear parking sensors and no front ones, and no reversing camera.

I would have thought you'd be able to see a Corsa front end fairly easily, but I agree it is irritating when the sensors are not there.

Can't say I'm fussed one way or the other about a reversing camera. Largely useless, very, very occasionally of use.
Last edited by: No FM2R on Thu 5 Nov 20 at 11:47
 Heated windscreen, steering wheel & seats - VxFan
>> I would have thought you'd be able to see a Corsa front end fairly easily,

Like most models of car that get superseded, it's gained some width and length over the outgoing model.

I never used to be fussed about a reversing camera until I had one. It's saved the bumper from getting crunched a couple of times on my Astra as rear visibility isn't that great only having a small rear window. Annoying that it is useless when it is raining though. The back end of my car is a dirt magnet in the wet.
 Heated windscreen, steering wheel & seats - Robin O'Reliant
The stuff of dreams!

My latest motor, a 52 plate Polo has no central locking and wind up windows, although rather strangely electric door mirrors.

I'm quite happy with that, less to go wrong. As I get older I love driving as much as I always did, but I don't really like cars. Expensive money pits.
>>As I get older I love driving as much as I always did, but I don't really like cars.

Right with you.

But must have;

electric windows otherwise I can't reach all the others.
central and remote locking
cloth seats
reversing sensors
air con
be big
www.arnoldclark.com/used-cars/ford/fiesta-vignale/1-0-ecoboost-5dr/2019/ref/cc_a03pfcaq0ijwnf06

Take it there must be a lot of 2019 registered cars sitting in compounds due to Covid hitting the car sales. Although it says its a 70 plate?
I know seventeen and half grand even for a small car, isn't a lot now, and I know most people don't pay the sticker price, or they pcp their cars.

But I'm old enough to think that's a lot for a Fiesta. Even if it isn't.

If you see what I mean.
Runfer, know what you are saying.

But in the same token, would you ever associate all those toys listed with a Fiesta?
Might be 1 litre engine but it’s no longer a Popular Plus!
 Heated windscreen, steering wheel & seats - Bromptonaut

>> Take it there must be a lot of 2019 registered cars sitting in compounds due
>> to Covid hitting the car sales. Although it says its a 70 plate?

That does not compute, either it's 2019 or its a 70 plate. Cannot be both unless it's sat around on an airfield or whatever for months.
Maybe 2019 Model? Wonder if they have done a mini facelift this year?
 Heated windscreen, steering wheel & seats - Lygonos
Effectively brand new:

www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202011045776224

Same as mine but nice metallic red (mine is white 'cos it's a free colour)
 Heated windscreen, steering wheel & seats - smokie
Lygonos, I hadn't realised you had the MG - what do you think of it? (In another thread maybe)

I'm still in Portugal (til tomorrow) but I almost called up about the one you posted above as it's a very good price!
 Heated windscreen, steering wheel & seats - Manatee
The blurb says it's fully electric and has a 1.0 petrol engine?
 Heated windscreen, steering wheel & seats - Dave_
>> Fiesta is what's required, that turbo charged 3 banger is the biscuit!

For about 40,000 miles, they're known as the Ecoboom in the trade.
 Heated windscreen, steering wheel & seats - PeterS
The MINI is also available with a heated windscreen, seats and steering wheel if that’s what you want. The amount of kit available n small cars nowadays is remarkable, but that’s progress. I’ve only recently realised that ours will parallel park itself if you want it to, and it works remarkably well. I know the tech has been around for a while...I think that my 2012 Merc E class had it...but I’ve never actually bothered using it. Must be getting lazy ;) I can still get it or the Merc into a smaller space than either car will attempt though, so I don’t feel too bad :)
>> I can still get it or the Merc into a smaller space than either car will attempt though, so I don’t feel too bad :)
>>

tinyurl.com/miniparking

;-)
 Heated windscreen, steering wheel & seats - PeterS
>> >> I can still get it or the Merc into a smaller space than either
>> car will attempt though, so I don’t feel too bad :)

Correction...I can still get it into and out of a smaller space ;)
Last edited by: VxFan on Wed 11 Nov 20 at 09:31
 Heated windscreen, steering wheel & seats - CGNorwich
It’s not getting the car into the parking space that’s the problem these days , it’s getting into the car! My Mini days are over.
Latest Forum Posts