Motoring Discussion > Volkswagen Caddy II Kombi - Modifying a 16 year old ex-builder's van Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Falkirk Bairn Replies: 1

Volkswagen Caddy II Kombi - Modifying a 16 year old ex-builder's van - Falkirk Bairn
A neighbour bought an ex-builder;s van for £1000 or thereabouts back in February.

He had initial issues with maintenance / lack of maintenance which kept him busy for a month or so.

I was speaking to him last week and he offered to show me what he had done - I had seen him working on the van but assumed it was all troubles needing to be sorted.

Far from it - the van on the outside looks smart, new Touran bumpers, new mirrors, windows in rear doors replaced by panels - the inside of the van is insulated finished off with panelling, anchors to hold the expensive bikes, panels blocking access from the front, new locks ..........

But it is inside the front of the car - electric windows/ mirrors from an Audi A3, as is the climate control, the dashboard is out & a Touran one in it's place. The radio is out replaced by a sat/nav unit from a Touran or Audi A3. Leather power seats from an Audi A3. The speedo etc is being upgraded to an electronic panel....................

The diesel engine has been modified and now produces 170BHP but he is looking for an Audi TT petrol engine & auto gearbox ................

He retired 58, 42 years with the one company and thought he would take on a project. The £1000 initial purchase price is small compared to what has has spent on all the parts he has bought - ebay, scrap yards ......... clever handed although it was an admin job when he was working.
 Volkswagen Caddy II Kombi - Modifying a 16 year old ex-builder's van - R.P.
I'd love to be able to do something like that.
Latest Forum Posts