Motoring Discussion > Dorset Police - video - caught on camera Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Falkirk Bairn Replies: 20

Dorset Police - video - caught on camera - Falkirk Bairn
Prosecutions in Dorset based on video evidence
www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/18685098.dorset-police-release-video-dangerous-drivers-caught-camera/
 Dorset Police - video - caught on camera - Duncan
>> Prosecutions in Dorset based on video evidence
>> www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/18685098.dorset-police-release-video-dangerous-drivers-caught-camera/

Quote "A company was handed a fine of £1,185 after a driver overtook on double white lines"

Why fine the company? Failure to disclose the driver?
 Dorset Police - video - caught on camera - Zero
>> Why fine the company? Failure to disclose the driver?

Watch the video
Last edited by: VxFan on Mon 31 Aug 20 at 02:37
 Dorset Police - video - caught on camera - smokie
Some are really bad but the last one is probably an oft-made error - watching the wrong set of lights and going when they turn green. Careless and could have been much worse though.
 Dorset Police - video - caught on camera - Manatee
>> Some are really bad but the last one is probably an oft-made error - watching
>> the wrong set of lights and going when they turn green. Careless and could have
>> been much worse though.

Done it myself.

Ever done a false start yourself that has resulted in the car next to you doing a full racing start?
 Dorset Police - video - caught on camera - Ambo
>>watching the wrong set of lights and going when they turn green

I had tuition with RoSPA towards its advanced driver qualification until one of its observers advised me to do just that!
 Dorset Police - video - caught on camera - Fullchat
I find this particularly worrying. This is going to be a free for all for wannabe Traffic Cops. Youtube is already littered with idiots with cameras.

I agree with high end stuff like the golf entering the roundabout on the wrong side of the bollards.

But did they get fined less than £157 and three points and the 'filtering' motorcycle £811 and 6 points. There seems to be no disparity in the fines? The Golf should have been hammered. Unless of course the motorcyclist had no insurance or additional offences.
 Dorset Police - video - caught on camera - Bromptonaut
>> But did they get fined less than £157 and three points and the 'filtering' motorcycle
>> £811 and 6 points. There seems to be no disparity in the fines? The Golf
>> should have been hammered. Unless of course the motorcyclist had no insurance or additional offences.

As you say possible there were other offences or, in so far as fines are income related, the m/cyclist might have been a high earner.

Another possibility is that he fought it and was slammed for wasting time with a not guilty plea that the bench thought spurious, either on the facts of the offence or the use of dash cam footage.

>> Ever done a false start yourself that has resulted in the car next to you
>> doing a full racing start?

No But I have done a false start that resulted in the bloke behind hitting me up the bum.
"Ever done a false start yourself that has resulted in the car next to you doing a full racing start?"

What, at a red light?

Never ever :/ O:)
 Dorset Police - video - caught on camera - zippy
Christ the cops encouraging take takes. Just like the Stazi in East Germany!

And I bet if you caught a cop doing it they would just get a ticking off or try to arrest you under anti terrorism legislation for filming them!
Last edited by: zippy on Sun 30 Aug 20 at 20:04
 Dorset Police - video - caught on camera - sooty123
>> Christ the cops encouraging take takes. Just like the Stazi in East Germany!
>>
>> And I bet if you caught a cop doing it they would just get a
>> ticking off or try to arrest you under anti terrorism legislation for filming them!
>>

They would if it was you! ;-)
Ignore them Zipster, you carry on attracting the old bill, clearly it keeps them away from the rest of us.
Your spending too much time with these Auditor morons Zippy.
And if anyone is curious as to what these Muppets spend their time doing Youtube - Auditing Britain or Tyrant Finder UK or Marti Blagborough and the new kid on the block who has been 'groomed' Ash Phillips. There are loads more of them all competing for Subscribers.

It will open up a whole new world for you.
 Dorset Police - video - caught on camera - No FM2R
You need to get out more. A lot more.

I know. I can't even blame lockdown any more.
Last edited by: Fullchat on Sun 30 Aug 20 at 23:19
 Dorset Police - video - caught on camera - Robin O'Reliant
.*********
 Dorset Police - video - caught on camera - Robin O'Reliant
I only said the word that rhymes with rugger :-(
 Dorset Police - video - caught on camera - zippy
How do they verify the accuracy of the camera footage

Has it been edited?
Is there a time stamp - i.e. it should be within the last 2 weeks surely? Has the clock on the camera been changed? - Could have been a year ago with change of owners / keepers in between?
There is low cost special effects software that could change a registration number.
 Dorset Police - video - caught on camera - Manatee
Unreliable evidence is not confined to video. And presumably the person supplying the video could give evidence and even be cross-examined if it went that far.

In most cases they will plead guilty or at least admit the facts so it's irrelevant
Latest Forum Posts