Motoring Discussion > Want to do something about parking controls? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Alanovich Replies: 4

Want to do something about parking controls? - Alanovich
Today I have received by email this very tempting job advertisement:

"Parking Services Manager / Local Government / London / Contract

Role: Parking Services Manager
Duration: 3-6 Months
Rate: £300+

Local Government organisation has an urgent requirement for a Parking Service Manager. As Parking manager you will be looking after the parking services team and all the issues and project work within the directorate including processing parking fines, parking enforcement, on-street management, CCTV, Notice Processing and Fulfilment Services

This is an immediate requirement with interviews next week so please forward your CV and contact details ASAP for consideration.

Many Thanks For Your Time"

So they make 300 quid a day, on contract. Nice. If anyone feels qualified for the role then let me know and I'll happily pass on the details of the agent dealing with it.
 Want to do something about parking controls? - L'escargot
>> So they make 300 quid a day ..........

Or is it per week? The advert appears not to say.
Last edited by: L'escargot on Fri 5 Mar 10 at 13:39
 Want to do something about parking controls? - Alanovich
The job's down south. It's per day.
 Want to do something about parking controls? - Zero
for a short term management contract in London, thats reasonable
 Want to do something about parking controls? - Bromptonaut
As a permanent officer post it would probably pay around £35kpa but Council would have on costs for pension, employers NI, sick pay, holidays and possibly other benefits such as private health cover or a car. Plus rights to redundancy accruing over time or possibly already extant if the succesful candidate was internal or in the local Gov "club".

On that basis, for something quick and/or if re-organisation or a shared services agreement with neighbour councils is in the offing a contractor is good value.

Need proper controls though to make sure he does not become a fixture!!
Last edited by: Bromptonaut on Fri 5 Mar 10 at 16:42
Latest Forum Posts