Motoring Discussion > Hub Nut Channel on You Tube. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: R.P. Replies: 19

Hub Nut Channel on You Tube. - R.P.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9hc_3h3KKA

I find his videos quite interesting and sometimes even funny. It may bore some of you. No doubt Lud would have had something to say..
 Hub Nut Channel on You Tube. - nice but dim
I've been watching Ian's videos for a few year's now. Currently waiting to waiting for the next installment of the Elly 2CV to Croatia adventure.
 Hub Nut Channel on You Tube. - Netsur
So glad he cut his hair.... Now he needs to trim his beard and he would look a lot better.

A bit like the Faye Hadley channel - she looks much better without makeup.
 Hub Nut Channel on You Tube. - Zero
I'm glad he has left the UK, he is so mechanically inept and clueless u wanted to slap him
 Hub Nut Channel on You Tube. - Manatee
He does go on a bit.
 Hub Nut Channel on You Tube. - Boxsterboy
And inaccurate too often
 Hub Nut Channel on You Tube. - Duncan
I started to watch one video about a Daihatsu Starion. The silly beard I could just about cope with, but not the pony tail.

If you ever get to hear that I am in jail, it will be because I murdered, in cold blood, a total stranger in the street. The victim's only crime was to have a pony tail.
 Hub Nut Channel on You Tube. - Crankcase
>> I started to watch one video about a Daihatsu Starion. The silly beard I could
>> just about cope with, but not the pony tail.

I'm never going to convert you to the joys of prog rock, am I, Duncan.
 Hub Nut Channel on You Tube. - tyrednemotional
>>
>>
>> I'm never going to convert you to the joys of prog rock, am I, Duncan.
>>

....certainly not if his jail sentence was from the Court of the Crimson King.......

;-)
 Hub Nut Channel on You Tube. - Duncan

>> ....certainly not if his jail sentence was from the Court of the Crimson King.......
>>
>> ;-)
>>

I had to Google that

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_the_Court_of_the_Crimson_King
 Hub Nut Channel on You Tube. - helicopter
I agree with Duncan.

Usually under a pony tail you find a horses a**e ...
As ever, coincidence. I listened to that just yesterday, before it was mentioned here.

That album came out in 1969. (Kind of nominally) you can still go to see King Crimson live now, in 2019, so there's a lifetime career to be made out of this stuff.

Last edited by: Crankcase on Fri 19 Jul 19 at 10:52
Ok, For many years, thats many many years, I have avoided KC, so just in the cause of fairness I revisited it on youtube.

Thank you, I thought age was ripping holes in my memory, I am gratified to learn its fine and that KC is every bit as awfully pappy as I remembered it in the time.
Well, you could try their roots - Giles, Giles and Fripp? Bit more mainstream, 1968.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgmmYV3FOxI

Or something from this list of modern prog perhaps - all 21st century.

www.treblezine.com/10-modern-prog-albums-219/

Or just listen to Big Big Train more or less forever and be done with it.

Hub Nut Channel on You Tube. - R.P.
Best ever thread drift !
>> Best ever thread drift !
>>

.....I think that was the fifth title in King Crimson's discography, wasn't it.......?
>> Well, you could try their roots - Giles, Giles and Fripp? Bit more mainstream, 1968.
>>
>> www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgmmYV3FOxI

Thank you, that's a very helpful starting point, I can see from crap beginnings, nothing improves.

>> Or something from this list of modern prog perhaps - all 21st century.
>>
>> www.treblezine.com/10-modern-prog-albums-219/

No you get me wrong, its not Prog Rock that is the issue, its the quality of the prog rock.

>> Or just listen to Big Big Train more or less forever and be done with
>> it.

Well Ok if thats the best of Prog Rock then yes, the issue is with Prog Rock. (tho despite that I still like Jethro Tull and Yes)
Oh well, why didn't you say so. Here you go then. An album played here I don't know how many times over the years.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rwNe2QXwrU

If you already know all of Yes, though, perhaps try The Rocket Scientists for a modern similar feel. Bit like Yes meets Jean Michel-Jarre.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPrKPTnEafY

Hub Nut Channel on You Tube. - Manatee
I just lost that LP (King Crimson), and a few others, in a house fire. Time to move on!
Last edited by: Manatee on Fri 19 Jul 19 at 14:56
>> I just lost that LP (King Crimson), and a few others, in a house fire.
>> Time to move on!
>>

....are you waiting for the return of the fire witch so you can get it back.....?
Latest Forum Posts