Motoring Discussion > asking mid Tax / Insurance / Warranties
Thread Author: Bellboy Replies: 11

asking mid - Bellboy
is it me or does anyone else despair trying to input the security feature they set up a few weeks ago?
 asking mid - CGNorwich
Just had a go - Seems OK - some of the letters are a bit hard to read though and it is case sensitive
 asking mid - rtj70
It's not easy for some versions of letters displayed. Fail the first time and the next lot might be easier. It is a very good system for those with visual problems - not.
 asking mid - Ted

I haven't tried again since not being able to figure the letters out.

That must be the idea...to deter people.

Ted
 asking mid - rtj70
But if we're checking our own cars... do we need to. Not saying I've checked insurance for cars that are not mine.
 asking mid - CGNorwich
I think it is what is known as a capcha and is designed to ensure that it is a human being making the enquiry and not a computer. The idea is that computers can't read the distorted letters but humans can (or should be able to!).
 asking mid - Dave_
The captcha on ASKMID in particular is very very difficult to decipher. I have to really slow down and think hard about entering the code, which doesn't happen with any other online security measures. And I still get it wrong 40% of the time.

Not that I ever check any insurances other than my own either, just the same as rtj70...
Last edited by: Dave_TD {P} on Mon 6 Sep 10 at 00:48
 asking mid - VxFan
Its got to be one of the worst capcha's I've ever seen.
 asking mid - Perky Penguin
I haven't looked at it but isn't there an option to hear the symbols? Many captchas do have thids facility.
 asking mid - sherlock47
I have checked 10 times, and all were perfectly readable - maybe my perverted sense of perspective?
 asking mid - Cliff Pope
>> I haven't looked at it but isn't there an option to hear the symbols? Many
>> captchas do have thids facility.
>>

But it would have to say them in a similarly distorted manner otherwise it wouldn't be secure?
 asking mid - madf
Even I can get it right first time.

But then I was wearing my glasses...
Latest Forum Posts