Motoring Discussion > Number of Technical posts vs Discussion posts Miscellaneous
Thread Author: L'escargot Replies: 6

Number of Technical posts vs Discussion posts - L'escargot
On the other forum there were/are approximately the same number of Technical posts as Discussion posts. On Car4play, however, the number of Discussion posts far outweighs the number of Technical posts. What's goin' down, John?
 Number of Technical posts vs Discussion posts - tyro
I think that you mean that there were approximately the same number of Technical threads as Discussion threads. Discussion posts, however, were far more numerous than Technical posts.

A lot of the Technical threads in the BR were started by people who went straight from other parts of the HJ site to post a question in Technical, registered for that purpose, and then, having received (or not, as the case may be) an answer, departed the Backroom - until their next problem arose. Few of these people are likely to find C4P.

The people who migrated to C4P were habitual and regular Backroom discussers, not, the sort of people who registered in the BR simply to post a question.

I have a feeling that unless something changes dramatically, Technical on C4P will be a pale shadow of Technical in the BR.

Number of Technical posts vs Discussion posts - henry k
>>I have a feeling that unless something changes dramatically, Technical on C4P will be a pale shadow of Technical in the BR.
>>
IMO Some of the tech questions arrive triggered from the HJ column and some others via Google. I expect references to here will start to seen in other car sites and that may well generate interest.
 Number of Technical posts vs Discussion posts - Zero
I am suprised at how well the "non- motoring" section has worked in keeping thread drift down in the "motoring" section

It also seems pretty easy to moderate, with little action required from mods
 Number of Technical posts vs Discussion posts - L'escargot
>> I think that you mean that there were approximately the same number of Technical threads
>> as Discussion threads.

I stand corrected.
 Number of Technical posts vs Discussion posts - VxFan
Once we get established on Google, new blood will hopefully start to turn up here and then the Technical forum will start to become alive.

VxFan.
 Number of Technical posts vs Discussion posts - MD
So far it is a great site reinforced by you old lags from away!

MD
Latest Forum Posts