Motoring Discussion > Chav mobile Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Westpig Replies: 12

Chav mobile - Westpig
We haven't had an old man's moan about chav's cars for a while have we.

I took a stroll earlier in the week and passed a hideous looking Saxo with a badly fitting body kit. What made me smile though and really made my day was the brakes painted red. Fronts didn't look too bad. Rears were drums.

Chav mobile - RattleandSmoke
I haven't seen many chav mobiles lately. GMP are doing a sterling job of crushing them due to their lack of tax and insurance.

I think the chavs are also waking up to the fact the silly body kits just slow things down.
 Chav mobile - Robin O'Reliant
Don't worry, they're still about (language NSFW) -

www.barryboys.co.uk/mx/
 Chav mobile - Ian (Cape Town)
body kits are a screaming invitation to Plod to pull a car over...
 Chav mobile - Bellboy
im with rattle
plus i think the recession has slowed their dole cheques down
perhaps theyve all been told white caps are now fashionable so they all took jobs?
 Chav mobile - Zhukov
Perhaps the lure of S Line Audis and M Sport BMW's has drawn them in.

Both of these trim types have been out for a while now and would a 1.8 petrol or low end diesel (debadged of course) S Line or M Sport not be an evolutionary step on ?

Chav mobile - Zhukov
On second thoughts, why put the boot into people that like doing up cars on a car forum ?

I would rather that the chavs mentioned further up the thread spent all their money on car parts and such like than on cheap cider and fried chicken.

Chav mobile - MD
>> I would rather that the chavs mentioned further up the thread spent all their money
>> on car parts and such like than on cheap cider and fried chicken.
>>
Good Point Zuki!
 Chav mobile - Robin O'Reliant
On the other hand, cheap cider and fried chicken are not the only alternatives to turning a perfectly servicable car into an end-of-life wreck.

And I bet they all still buy the cider and KFC (and throw the wrappers out of the window).
 Chav mobile - MD
Furver good point RR
 Chav mobile - DP
I saw a chavved up Saxo a few days ago, and it occurred to me that it's been ages since I'd last seen one. These used to be everywhere. The Saxo seems to have gone the way of the previous mass target of chav "improvement", the dear old Vauxhall Nova, and suddenly disappeared off the roads.

I was guilty of doing stupid things to cars as a yoof, but my attempts, albeit often misguided, ineffective and hamstrung by budget considerations, were usually focused on making it go faster or handle better. When I was a spotty teenager in the early-mid 90's, I wouldn't have had the nerve to be seen in anything with a 1.1 litre engine and a big bodykit. If you drove a 1.1 litre econobox, that was fine, but trying to make it look like something it wasn't was shameful beyond redemption.

Trying to make it GO like something it wasn't was the order of the day. Combining the resources of modern youth (some of these chavmobiles have had £,000s spent on them) with the desires and goals of my youth, the roads would be full of standard looking 1.1 litre Saxos with supercharged Honda VTECs under the bonnet. Or something similar. And the death rate would undoubtedly be higher....
 Chav mobile - Stuu
I saw an MG ZS pottering along the A14, young fella at the wheel. The car was adorned with what I can only think was some attempt at creating a snow plough. It looked silly and Im suprised he hadnt limo tinted the windows so nobody saw his stupid face.
 Chav mobile - Skoda
>> some attempt at creating a snow plough

Snow plough's gotta be more useful than a wheeled shed :-P
Latest Forum Posts