Motoring Discussion > MINI - the new Mini Countryman
Thread Author: Zero Replies: 18

MINI - the new Mini Countryman - Zero
www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-11167721

There should be a law against this. We should go to war with Germany again, and this time Nuke them into a dusty desert.
Last edited by: smokie on Sat 4 Sep 10 at 11:46
 MINI - the new Mini Countryman - Tooslow
Not pretty is it? And the price!

I know, I'll not buy one. That'll teach 'em. But there are all of those people who will buy one "because it's a BMW".
JH
 MINI - the new Mini Countryman - Jacks
>>
But there are all of those
>> people who will buy one "because it's a BMW".
>> JH
>>
Absolutely - coming soon to a school (run) in your 'hood.

J
 MINI - the new Mini Countryman - Skoda
Is this Mini's answer to the Skoda Yeti? Nil points Mini.
 MINI - the new Mini Countryman - Robin O'Reliant
If I were Tonka Toys I would sue BMW for copying my ideas. And not only copying them, but turning them into a joke.

They should rename them Bimbo Bins.
 MINI - the new Mini Countryman - Dog
I'd rather have a 'normal' looking car ~
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Rover_Streetwise_front_20071212.jpg
 MINI - the new Mini Countryman - Mike Hannon
'Clearly members of the same Mini family'? Eh? What planet is this guy on?
 MINI - the new Mini Countryman - madf
It makes what a dog leaves on the pavement seem vaguely more appealing..

For people whose ascetic senses lead them to think 17 inch wheels on a Mini are attractive.. or who think Tony Blair writes honest memoirs..
Last edited by: madf on Fri 3 Sep 10 at 19:32
 MINI - the new Mini Countryman - Tooslow
How / why did that get into Wikipedia? Is it to make people laugh 100 years from now?

This is where I find out it's Dog's car and I've just shot myself in the foot. While it's in my mouth :-(

John
 MINI - the new Mini Countryman - crocks
£23,500 for a 1.4 tonne car.
What is mini about that?
 MINI - the new Mini Countryman - tyro
Mini Countryman 1.6 One 2WD 5dr
Length - 4110 mm
Kerb weight - 1,265 kg

My Citroen Berlingo 1.6
Length - 4108 mm
Kerb weight - 1,252 kg

Hmmmm.

Oh well, at least my Berlingo has a bigger boot.
 MINI - the new Mini Countryman - R.P.
HJ gives it a good write up !
 MINI - the new Mini Countryman - Runfer D'Hills
Comes with a bespoke bike rack apparently if wanted.

Bike racks are really useful. Everyone should have one. Especially if they can source one in as new condition at a bargain price. Not many of those around mind.....If you see one be quick....
 MINI - the new Mini Countryman - Londoner
If you think that the MINI countryman is bad, just wait till you see what else they have planned for the MINI range. You won't believe it.
 MINI - the new Mini Countryman - Zero
>> Bike racks are really useful. Everyone should have one. Especially if they can source one
>> in as new condition at a bargain price. Not many of those around mind.....If you
>> see one be quick....

Yup agree, saw one today on a Fiat Grande Punto.

Well I say on, the Punto was on the hard shoulder, the bike rack a hundred yards behind in lane 1, and a bike in lane 2.
 MINI - the new Mini Countryman - Runfer D'Hills
Yeah, probably one of the cheap strap on jobs. Now if he'd bought a clip on one he would have been fine. They are rarer though second hand anyway and quite dear new....
 MINI - the new Mini Countryman - tyro
"HJ gives it a good write up !"

I'm sure that it is, in many ways, a very good car. After all, BMW isn't run by idiots. But . . .

And by the way, HJ seems to give pretty much every new model a good write up these days. I struggle to remember a negative review. Though I did get the impression that he wasn't particularly enamoured with the Toyota Urban Cruiser.
Last edited by: tyro on Sat 4 Sep 10 at 07:44
 MINI - the new Mini Countryman - WillDeBeest
The Countryman must be a marketing ploy to improve sales of the Clubman - the old Ugly Friend technique, only they knew it wouldn't find one by itself. My neighbour has a metallic brown Clubman with silver door frames, but this makes it look like a Bentley Azure.
 MINI - the new Mini Countryman - Tigger
Given that BMW have been able to cash in on the mini name, I think they should be forced to call the new one the maxi
Latest Forum Posts