Motoring Discussion > Are our number plates OK for foreign motoring ? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: hawkeye Replies: 5

Are our number plates OK for foreign motoring ? - hawkeye
www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/why-you-might-need-new-number-plates-after-brexit/ar-BBTWP4n

There are stickers on Ebay that cover up the EU circle of stars. Anyone been spooked into buying any yet or is this article complete nonsense?
 Are our number plates OK for foreign motoring ? - Bromptonaut
Bit of nonsense.

We might need a GB sticker just as we did years ago once we cease to be a member. No reason why continuing to display 'EU style' plates as well as GB sticker would be an issue.
 Are our number plates OK for foreign motoring ? - Shiny
Pretty much all cars used to come from the dealer with these, but it seemed to quickly peter out about 10 years ago. Hardly any recent cars have them so would need to print one off and stick it in the window if they go abroad.
 Are our number plates OK for foreign motoring ? - Bromptonaut
We asked for EU pattern on 2013 Berlingo and caravan as both cross the channel pretty regularly. The 2011 Skoda came without and we've left it that way. I suspect the take up of stickers to cover the EU logo is wholly amongst Brexiteers.

GB plate needs to be proper one, white oval with black letters in appropriate size/font. The magnetic thing in blue that came bundled with my last set of headlamp deflectors won't pass inspection.
 Are our number plates OK for foreign motoring ? - Haywain
"GB plate needs to be proper one, white oval with black letters in appropriate size/font. "

.......... a price worth paying.
 Are our number plates OK for foreign motoring ? - Roger.
My number plates have a Union Flag and "Great Britain" where the EU stars might otherwise be!
Latest Forum Posts