Motoring Discussion > World rally championship Miscellaneous
Thread Author: bathtub tom Replies: 8

World rally championship - bathtub tom
I didn't notice the Monte Carlo was televised (I've only got freeview), but I just found rally Sweden on 5Spike.
Looks like rallying's becoming a very minority sport.
 World rally championship - Fullchat
Indeed it does BT :(

It was covered by Sky on Motor Sport TV which disappeared. Eurosport cover it but that's an additional subscription. I mentioned it at the end of last year and someone said that Wales Rally GB (formerly Lombard RAC) was covered on Channel 5 but I missed it. They don't seem to have covered anything since.

Its pretty poor really.
 World rally championship - Zero
>> Its pretty poor really.

Its a sad reflection of boredom after the mad group b days.
Last edited by: VxFan on Tue 19 Feb 19 at 02:12
 World rally championship - sooty123
I don't think you'd have to go that far back, in the 90s with sainz and mcrae it was still pretty popular. Dropped out of sight in the last 10 years though.
>>Its a sad reflection of boredom after the mad group b days.

I find it more interesting than F1.
>> >>Its a sad reflection of boredom after the mad group b days.
>>
>> I find it more interesting than F1.

I find F1 equally as boring. In fact all motorsport is now boring to watch. BTCC is anther case in point,. Where are the mad cars, the mad drivers who had character. all gone.

World rally championship - DP
>> I find F1 equally as boring. In fact all motorsport is now boring to watch.
>> BTCC is anther case in point,. Where are the mad cars, the mad drivers who
>> had character. all gone.

Totally agree. When the best sounding car on an F1 grid is the safety car, you know it's all gone horribly wrong.

BTCC during the Super Touring era of the 90s was a highlight for me. Full contact racing (despite what the rules said), and most of the field finishing the race with bits dented, missing, or held on with gaffer tape. Pit lane and track-side altercations were commonplace. Proper motorsport.

All the 'characters' have been replaced with media trained 'professionals' who are under strict orders from sponsors via their teams to present the right image.
I mean. Rikard Rydel, the Volvo 850GLT estate and the dog!

tinyurl.com/y4u64qbg
Last edited by: Zero on Tue 19 Feb 19 at 17:52
I often fall asleep watching the BTCC races, but manage to stay awake for the junior Ginettas. Don't bother with the rest of the races.
Latest Forum Posts