Motoring Discussion > Blocking Ambulances Miscellaneous
Thread Author: zippy Replies: 6

Blocking Ambulances - zippy
www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/man-dies-ambulances-blocked-parking-row-sussex-care-home-a8782681.html

This happened half a dozen miles from me.

The person died before the ambulances arrived so the blocking in didn't cause the death, but it's becoming a regular occurrence and there should be penalties for it.

I live on a private drive off a private road and only one vehicle can use the drive at a time.

A couple of months back an ambulance blocked my exit. The neighbour had recently been in hospital for a brain tumour and had became ill at home.

What did I do? I called work to say I would be late and ended up over an hour late for work. A quick explanation to the boss was met with a "totally understood, he would do the same".

I guess someone with a less understanding boss may see things differently but aggression seems to be increasing recently and it's not pleasant.
 Blocking Ambulances - Fullchat
Seems that Ambulance crews are increasingly becoming targets:

www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hull-east-yorkshire-news/hull-paramedics-attack-lock-themselves-2551758
>> Seems that Ambulance crews are increasingly becoming targets:
>>
>> www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hull-east-yorkshire-news/hull-paramedics-attack-lock-themselves-2551758
>>

Blimey, to think the maximum damage I did was to offer those on my drive a cup of tea and biscuits because the neighbour was too concerned about her husband to do so!

I wasn't even bothered years ago when a speeding ambulance on blues took my wing mirror off on a very narrow road. Their need was clearly more important than my wing mirror.
 Blocking Ambulances - sooty123
>> www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/man-dies-ambulances-blocked-parking-row-sussex-care-home-a8782681.html
>>
>> This happened half a dozen miles from me.

Looking at the layout online it looks like there was space just to drive up the grass and get around?
If they are that angry about it just move, never know why people want to live somewhere that makes them angry. I guess they like the drama.
 Blocking Ambulances - Haywain
"aggression seems to be increasing recently and it's not pleasant. "

Over-population ......... crowded rats in cages etc .....
 Blocking Ambulances - Duncan
>> "aggression seems to be increasing recently and it's not pleasant. "
>>
>> Over-population ......... crowded rats in cages etc .....
>>

Follows on from the other thread:- 'is an election imminent'.

"Why should we subsidise and encourage people to have (more) children".

We don't need an increase in population, we need a decrease.
There is plenty of room in this country.

What we have is crazy planning rules that make it almost impossible for the towns to expand out of their boundaries and allowing builders to build rabbit hutch homes on estates with roads that are too narrow to allow two cars to safely pass.

Local village are begging to be allowed to expand, local youngsters can't afford to live there due to the lack of housing and they move away. In the past villages would have expanded naturally in to towns, then conurbations, then cities.
Latest Forum Posts