Motoring Discussion > Honda - Rusty Honda and its replacement Buying / Selling
Thread Author: Stuu Replies: 1

Honda - Rusty Honda and its replacement - Stuu
My sister dear has been making a name for herself out in the colonies buying lemons, namely a 1999 Honda CRV with terminal rust - I know, I have never heard of it either.
The pics show the the roof has literally rusted away, almost all the way around where it joins the door pillars. It had been badly repaired before with leaks from where the roofrails are situated and rags to soak up the water. This has resulted in the whole lot rusting out from the inside and they have just spent $2000 having it tidied up enough that they can trade it in without the problem being too obvious. To fix it properly will involve a whole new roof, the cost being way more than the car is worth. I suspect the car has been rolled at some point.
Anyway, thats the back story.

Firstly, I was wondering what consumer rights they have regarding the rusty car - they bought it within the last year and obviously it was rusty when they bought it, but only became obvious when it went for its yearly inspection ( they are NOT car minded people my sister and her hubby ). The dealer has pretty well said tough luck, but I dont know if they have similar rights as you do here or if its more cowboy country in Australia.

Secondly, they have asked me what they should replace it with - they wanted a 2005 Corolla, but it seems to have the same engine as UK ones do, complete with oil consumption worries from what I can see, so ive steered them in the direction of the 2008 Honda Jazz which is affordable for them and big enough for a young family - good suggestion?
 Honda - Rusty Honda and its replacement - Lygonos
Forester.
Latest Forum Posts